New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 70
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am wanting to buy a Stainless Model 70 in 375H&H and was wondering what you would have done to the rifle to make it 100% reliable? I do not want to have a custom barrel installed ( Most factory Model 70 375s are very accurate ) What I was thinking of have done is have the trigger adjusted to 3lbs, bed the action, have a decelerator pad installed,premium scope rings and mounts... I was wondering about what work should be done to the action to make sure it fed ammo flawlessly...

ThankYou!!

Posts: 193 | Location: AR | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
test it first and see where the problems are then fix that....If it ain't broke don't try to fix it!! If it feeds reliably and you try to fix it, you got a problem automatically...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ray!! I have read numerious posts about the Model 70's in 375H&H having problems feeding ammo...I was under the impression that to make them feed ammo 100% of the time the action needed to be slicked up a little. ( rails,etc )
Again I want to Thank You for taking the time to answer my question, you have a wealth of knowledge and experience and I value your opinion... (( even though you hate Weatherby's D ))

ThankYou!!!!

Posts: 193 | Location: AR | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
<SideCar>
posted
Professor Ray sumed it up just fine!

The only thing I would do, if it were mine is to buy a can of flat black paint and paint the stainless----It will protect it from scratches and rain as well. It is cheap insurance, touch it up as you go.