THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Good bison butchers between Gordeon, Nebraska, and Denver?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good bison butchers between Gordeon, Nebraska, and Denver?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I'm flying to Denver end of the month, and driving to Gordon to hunt bison. Dave Otte in Gordon is reputed to be a darned good bison butcher, but I would love to find someone closer to Denver/Boulder who knows his or her way around a buffalo carcass at an affordable price, as it will be a long haul back to Gordon to get the meat, then back to Boulder, three or four days later. Anyone have any ideas? If so, thanks.
Also could use counsel on where to have the hide tanned, hair off.

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OH COME ON . . . Just butcher it yourself in the field. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Hola John. I would consider your suggestion, but it is one thing to screw up on a 120-pound deer, and quite another to screw up on a 1,000-pound bison. Plus there's no telling if the weather will be 60, or 10 below, with a blizzard. I have enough to worry about just trying to get the damned rifle to arrive in one piece at the Denver airport ...

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I was just giving you a hard time. [Big Grin] Even if you could be assured of not screwing it up, it is a long process to even skin and quarter one of those things much less completely butcher it. Paying someone to do it is money well spent.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote