New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reference on Mike Ukrainetz
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any feedback on Mike's operation in Alberta for Mule Deer?

thanks

Bullsprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I have heard nothing but good things about Mike and his operation. I have a friend/client that hunts with me in Mexico that also has hunted with Mike. He was pleased with his hunt with Mike.

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummond, Thanks for the feedback. I am still looking for a last minute 2006 mule deer hunt.

Bullsprig

one of us
posted Hide Post
He has a very good reputation here in Alberta.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can also point you in the right direction in Mexico. Just let me know,

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummund, Where in Mexico?

Sprig

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stubblejumper, Do you know anyone that has hunted with him?

Sprig

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't give you specific names,but I have seen some very good reports online and in several magazines.I personally know several outfitters in Alberta,and reports of problem outfitters travel quickly in the area.All references to his name have been very positive,unlike several other outfitters that I know of.I could give you a reference to someone in Alberta that I know very well that outfits for mule deer, but unless he has a cancellation, he is almost certainly booked for the year.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As the others have said Mike runs an excellent operation.

Are you looking for a rifle or a bow hunt?

Posts: 152 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am looking for a rifle hunt.

Mike bought landowner tags from an outfitter named Bowen Dolhand who had to move. Mike will basicly be hunting the same area that Bowen was hunting in Northern Alberta.

Sprig

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you know the WMU in northern Alberta where the hunt will take place?By the way,I believe that you are confused about landowner tags.In Alberta,landowner tags are antlerless tags issued to landowners that were unsuccessful in the resident draw.You can't use a landowner tag on an antlered mule deer,and the landowner can only have one landowner tag per year.And in Alberta,you can't charge someone money to allow them to hunt on your land.

one of us
posted Hide Post
stubblejumper.

you are correct. I should have said " non resident outfitter tags." Yu fly into Grande Prairie and drive appx. Hr. I am not sure if it a Boreal 500 series WMU or foothill 300 series WMU. It is close to Pease River/

Sprig
Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunt just to the west of there closer to Dawson Creek.The mule deer,elk and moose populations are all very healthy.We normally see 50 to 100 mule deer every day just driving to and from our hunting spots.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stubblejumper, Thanks for the folllowup.

Now I have to get over the 8K.

Sprig

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sonora Mexico. I would bet that Mikes hunt would be less expensive though. Just let me know...

Drum

one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummond, I thought you were booked/

Sprig

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am booked but I PM'd you the name and number of a guy that picked up a couple of damn good ranches down there. Give him a shout...

Drum

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stubblejumper, Do you know anything about WMU 522 in Alberta for mule deer and whitetail?

Sprig

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunt two zones that border 522,there are plenty of mules,but not a large number of whitetails,although the numbers do seem to be increasing.