New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you please vote for my story?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I submitted a little story about my deer hunt two years ago to a hunting magazine and was fortunate enough to have the story featured in this month's Huntin Fool Magazine. On top of that there is a contest where I could win some hunting goodies. If you would please take a moment to vote for my story I would really appreciate it. Just go to the following link and entering your email address at the top of the page and then scroll down and place your vote for SD Whitetail Deer by Randy Routier. Thank you much.

https://www.huntinfool.com/sto...ntest/vote.php#Print

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate it when people come on a site they visit and ask for votes in something like this involving another site. I will not just go vote for that person unless I have time to read all the other stories as well, which takes a lot of extra time I normally don't have. IMHO that is only being fair to all the contestants who may have a lot better story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can sure respect what you said. If I should remove this I sure will

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
You got my vote.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bringing that story to my attention Randy, it was a great read and you've got my vote

Posts: 254 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Routier:
I can sure respect what you said. If I should remove this I sure will

No need to do that at all Randy, as that's just me and others may have a completely different stance as evidenced by the two posts following mine. Good luck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Randy:
Enjoyed the read. Admire anyone in your fix still getting out there doing these hunts.
Sent my vote too.

It's hell to get bucked off, then to get hurt that bad is a real shame.
We raised brahma's so I played that game while growing up too.

Hang in there and go every chance you get.

I hadn't heard of this other site til this, so thank you.
Lot's of nights I run out of things to look at and read, so I shut down and go back to books.
Will enjoy a lot more hunting stories now.
Thanks again for that too.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6019 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Great buck, great pictures, and an inspiring story.
What's not to like?
You got my vote Randy.
Good luck!

Posts: 3048 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One more vote.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I think I got my vote in. Really great story.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have my vote Randy. What a great inspiration and story!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy great story.Hang tough, I admire the heck out of you. You've got my vote.
Very Best,
Butch

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted Hide Post
Done! Great story. I admire your perseverance. tu2

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just-a-hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
I hate it when people come on a site they visit and ask for votes in something like this involving another site. I will not just go vote for that person unless I have time to read all the other stories as well, which takes a lot of extra time I normally don't have. IMHO that is only being fair to all the contestants who may have a lot better story.

You darn sure don't miss an opertunity to be a prick though. Any time there is a thread that involves drama or a chance to be a prick, here comes ol' Topdick-thirty-ought-prick to chime in. Go back under your bridge, troll.

Awesome story, Randy. It's been three years since I came up and hunted with you and Ryan. What an awesome outfit you all run. It's good to see you getting out.

Todd

Bite me and if you didn't read his positive response back to me you might do so and STFU!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got our vote Randy.Tell the family hello.
The Hayman gang.

Posts: 418 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I don't have a problem with being asked to vote. If the request was not made I would not have known. I never heard of Huntin' Fool but you have my vote. Very touching story.
Thanks for putting the situation on AR.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I voted for you. Good Luck!

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Done! Good luck!

~Ann

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Great story Randy. You're an inspiration. Got a vote from me.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got one from me too. Hang in there Randy.

Agreed...... Top Gun is a perpetual douchenozzle.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
Bite me and if you didn't read his positive response back to me you might do so and STFU!

Randy certainly demonstrated that he possesses a rare measure of class in his response to your post. I do not share that same level of class, so I will take the time to point out that to me Randy's class should in no way provide you with some measure of validation or comfort as to your arrogant and self-inflating post.

And for what it is worth, take the time to actually read what Randy wrote, and try to internalize some of his rare perspective in life. And yeah, I did take the time to read through the other stories, and there really is not one in my opinion that demonstrates an equal or better caliber of writing than Randy's. Maybe you should have done so, instead of bitching about not wanting to take time out of your day on a hunting website to read hunting stories on another website. If I didn't want to read about other people hunting, then why the hell am I on this board?!

But Randy, again thanks for a great read. I've gone through it a couple times now and your ability to draw me into the hunt is a pleasure to read.

Posts: 254 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, great buck and an exciting story.

Thanks for directing me to the story, I really enjoyed it. Only wish I was like Chicago Democrats and could have voted multiple times.

Let us know when your next article comes out.

God bless.

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look jusanotherhunter; your reading comprehension sucks because what I posted was not self inflating or arrogant. It was made due to the way the OP was made and that's why Randy gave the nice response back that he did. In his post Randy merely asked to just take a minute to go to that other site and vote for him. He didn't ask for us to read his story, but to just take a minute and vote for him. Therefore, that's why I posted what I did and those who don't like what I posted can put me on Ignore for all I care! If some of you had the time to read his, as well as all the stories to decide that his was best, that's great. I don't! For those who didn't read his story or did and then voted for him without reading the others IMHO that's not the way things should be done for a person to win a contest of that type. JMHO, and as CHC continually says, we are all entitled to our own opinion on things that come up on this site!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, You got my vote,great story!If you ever get to Michigan, you have a place to hunt with me. Jeff

Posts: 561 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got My vote Randy.Good story and a great buck!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You got my vote also. Nice story. I will be reading more of these story's thanks for the web site.

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Randy;

I just saw this and it appeared the voting was over or... I definitely would have voted for you. Wonderful story. I hope everyone knows what a great guy and good outfitter you are as well.

I'll be hunting with Bill and Cindy again in October. Thanks for connecting me!

Best regards, Darin