Find
Notify
Tools

Albino Moose
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted
Someone just sent me some photos of an albino moose. Supposedly taken near Whitefish, Montana. Pretty cool! Don't think I've ever seen pics of a white moose.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is an albino cow moose up here north of Fort St. John, BC. She has normal colored calves, but I don't have a picture of here. Nice photography,
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awsome!Thanks for shareing thumb

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a mounted albino bull moose at LL Cote Outfitters in Errol, NH.

Rare but quite interesting to look at.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got those same pics sent by e-mail, saying it was spotted near Kirkland Lake -and- Hearst, Ontario (about 400 miles apart). Roll Eyes

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got those same pictures a couple years ago, and I believe it said was taken near Whitefish

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
I found a news article on this. Looks like they were taken near Whitefish in Feb, 2008.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regio..._moose.b08ac946.html

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep same ones(damn sure same moose), cousin lives and teaches in Big Fork, she sent pictures to my nephew and he sent me pictures in 2007

it says recently taken photos- article feb 12-08

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Cool snow camo moose! Smiler

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm quite sure this is a natural adaptation to global warming, which contrary to it's name is actually making more snow and cold than usual. In a few years all moose will be white unles we stop burning fossel fuels, smoking cigarettes and traveling by any means other than bicycles! Of course to promote global equality and low prices at WalMart, China is exempt from these measures to save the planet and keep moose black.
space

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Very cool

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote