Notify
Tools

Re: South Texas Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
Thanks, Fish.
I shoot a Hill Country Rifle .280 Remington mounted with a 3.5x10 Leupold and shoot Federal 150 grain Nosler Partitions. This particular gun will shoot that factory round in a .5" all day long. I like the gun so much I'm having Hill Country build me a 300 Weatherby just like it.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I finally took my south Texas buck on a ranch near Cotulla owned by some good friends of mine. The deer were running really hard and this ol' boy was the fourth buck I saw in 20 minutes in the blind. Saw a 10, 8, and 9 befor he ran by after a hot doe that they were all worrying over. I couldn't get a shot at first before he left the sendero, but his fatal mistake was coming back out at 160 yards. One shot with my .280 anchored him. Sorry about the picture quality, would rather have a shot in the field and the buck cleaned up but I didn't have my camera on me and I was dropped off at my blind and didn't get picked up until after dark.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote