THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone Heard of Colorado Outdoor Sports?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Heard of Colorado Outdoor Sports?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
It's a club you join $795. up front for life then about $130 or so a year to hunt priv. land in states such as Col. Wy. Kans. Missouri Priv. fishing lakes as well. Scam maybee?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
At that price I bet it's a scam. There used to be a club called Western Sportsmans Assoc back in the 80's, and that's about what the dues were back then. It was actually a pretty sweet deal, and they had great properties. This was before Colorado started to get trashed by developement, and hunting wasn't such a rich man's game back then. The club went tits up in the early 90's... Tnen an outfit called Colo Waterfowl Assoc took over a few of their leases, but the owners/managers of that club were such a bunch of assholes it wasn't worth it. I don't know if they are still in business today or not.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep CWA is still around. Mostly duck and goose hunting up and down the front range. Alot of their areas are being sucked up with development. I have hunted a few blinds that are CWA and for the most part was unimpressed...that could have more to do with the particualr time or weather than the actual hunting quality overall.

I grew up hunting in a time where we just went to the door and asked....so I think they are all a scam. Besides $800 and you have to move all over fives states to get full benefit !

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote