New
Find
Notify
Tools

KAHLES SCOPES?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wanted to know how these scopes perform at dusk compared to a leupold i can get one or the other diffrence is 40 bucks, both 3.5 x10x50 one inch tubes exclusively whitetail hunting from stands

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used Leupold scopes almost exclusively since 1969. But, I now only have one left. I've replaced them with the 3X9 AH and the 3.5X10X50's.
Leupolds are good, but I think the Kahles are better.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Willie B on this one. I have been using Leupold scopes since 1967, and have about 15 of them ,but I'm replacing them with Kahles and Swarovski's. Best optics I have ever used. Thats just my opinion and don't want to get everyones balls in an uproar.

Paul K

Posts: 758 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
please no balls in an uproar and no gun writer commentaries, just real unbiased results

one of us
posted Hide Post
I replaced my leupolds with ziess 3x9x36's and then replaced them with swarovski 3x10x42's.The ziess were better than my leupolds but the swarovski are better yet.Kahles is just a cheaper line of swarovski so I would expect them to perform well also.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kahles was bought by Swarovski some years ago. They are very good optics and in my opinion are better then Leupold for not very much more money if anything. Midway I know sells the 2x7x36 AH for 439. I think the Leupold in the same magnification is more money. Just look at the responses from people who have used both above and make the choice for yourself, and I will promise you won't be disappointed with a Kahles over Leupolds.

Buell

Posts: 935 | Location: USA | Registered: 03 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fats,

My two partners and I have Leupold, Swarovski,& Kahles. We have been able to compare them all equally under the same testing conditions.

I personally have 3 Swarovski's and since using the Kahles, I don't think that I will need to spend the money for another SWAR.

Under equal testing conditions, the S&K's were superior to Leupold. The amount of difference,I feel, is not worth the price difference between L&S. However, the Kahles is. After saying that, I just bought a Leupold 1.5X5 III for my Custom Mod.7 in 7mm-08. Kahles did't have one in a 1" tube. I get what I need as it suits the gun and conditions that it is used for.

Having Swarovski & Leica binoculars, I have also found that Kahles and Minox are the 'unsung' deals at their prices. Mike has each of these and they compare favorably as well.

If Kahles made all the scope styles that I needed, I would use them exclusivly. BTW, I have a Kahles on my .416 Rigby that I have put over 100 rounds through. Not the first problem. We are using Swar/Kahles on our .375's/.416's and .458 Lott. In our experience, again, no problems as some would have you to believe.

All the best in choosing your scope.

Regards,

Sam Clemmons
eclemmons@hotmail.com

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fats
The features I like about the Kahles and the Swarovski's is what I see through my 8X30 Swarovski field glasses, I can see through the above mentioned scopes especially at dawn and dusk. I also like the quick adjustable eye piece for my ever changing aging eyes. And when making adjustments ,going 3 clicks right and 5 clicks up,and knowing its going to move your POI 3/4"R.and 1 1/4" up ever time is pure pleasure.

Paul K

Posts: 758 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a hunting buddy of mine loaned me a pair of 8x30 slc's and those things were so great across a huge beanfield in eastern north carolina

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found the shallow V standing with two down on a quarter rib to be superior to any scope when complemented with a floresent bead of 3/32...at least up to 500 yards. But thats just personal opinnoin since I own no scopes. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn i knew ray would chime in at any time! just kidding, the red bead on my holosite is probably good maybe to 250-300yds more consitent at 200yds an in but i like magnification, and light gathering ability

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Kahles ZF64 6x42 scope on my Enfield 308 for 10years. It shrugged off all the abuse being stored in an armoury gives and a lot of shooting. The adjustments were very precise and the clarity at low light excellent.

Kahles is no longer a subsidiary of Swarovski, the two factories have split.

As allways study the data with care - I seem to remember some narrower field of views on Kahles binos.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fats,
Just joshing a little.

I have been looking at the Kahles binoculars, has anyone used them and how do they compare with Lieca, Swar, and Ziess???...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray you deserve the right to josh a little, i may just go with a new leupie 3.5x10x50 and a new pair of 8x30 slc's