New
Find
Notify
Tools

KIFARU pack arrived !!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A few months ago I asked for some direction on a good hunting pack and was directed by several posters to KIFARU. Called them up and had a pleasant talk with one of the Ladies and got prices and a catalog on the way. Well, had a few more irons in the fire to sap my discretionary income during the summer and didn't get around to ordering a pack until about 2 weeks ago.

We discussed a LATE SEASON and the accesories I wanted over the phone, my size, etc. The Gentleman I spoke with stated they only build when an order is placed and WHEN do I absolutely need it? Told him MID November at the LATEST as I have a late season Muley hunt scheduled then.

TODAY that wonderful brown truck drops me off a box with my pack and all accesories!! I was quite surprised that it was EARLY. But the BEST surprise was how well it is made, how intelligently its designed and how well it fits me.

KIFARU appears to be some pretty first rate folks. Now to fill that guy in November with a big old muley!!

FN in MT

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Frank N.

Do they have a web site?

Sounds like a good heavy duty pack built to order for the owners size.

LouisB

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Did you have them make up a tripod case for you??? -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Negative on the tripod case. They did NOT want to start on those again. I ended up finding a very nice padded case about 2 foot long that fits the spotter and I just carry the tripod in the pouch used for the water bladder. Have to see how it works out.

Certainly happy with the pack though! Very well done and comfortable.

FN in MT

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Frank,

How ironic. Not 5 mins. before I logged on here and read your message, I had removed the tripod case from my LongHunter so I could take it with me tomorrow to Mazatlan, Mexico. I like to set up the tripod and 15X binocs on the patio of our timeshare down there. Makes for great beach bunny watching. [Wink]

It's too bad on the tripod case. If I had known, I would have made a phone call and probably could have got them to make an exception. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote