Find
Notify
Tools

15 Pound house Cat Treed Black Bear
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted
Saw this article in Norht American Hunting Club magazine, just goes to show you how tuff a New Jersey house cat can be!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was all over the news a few weeks ago,here in the UK, It did make me laugh because on my first bear hunt i was up a tree when a black wandered along and sat at the base of the tree i was in! i S### my self, i`d never even seen a bear up until this point,after about 15 mins it got up had a crap and wandered off..

If i`m having a bad day this always puts a smile on my face.
dave

Posts: 193 | Location: Uxbridge, Ontario | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CAN'T WAIT to see the anti-s using this to proclaim "see, bears aren't dangerous and so there is no need to hunt them. Just carry a cat with you."

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope for that cats sake he does not get too brave an try it again. He might have got lucky once.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
As a rule I don't like cats. But I tip my hat to Jack the Cat. He put the bear up the tree twice. He was stud enough to protect what is his whatever the odds.

There is a lesson to be learned from Jack the Cat.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I seen very small dogs put bears up trees all depends on the bear.

If the cat picks on the wrong bear the next time jack well be flat the cat.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
It was probably allergic to cats.

It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it...So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote