New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Shot My First CZ
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, I finally made up my mind to go and get that CZ carbine in 7.62x39 I saw here (very lightly used, complete with a 3-9 scope) - and it was gone!! Call me Mr Day Late. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Maybe it was a sign that I should go right to the 550 model file .375H&H instead. You have fun with that gun. Make sure to let us know how she does in the field this fall!! maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fred, they can always order you another one! Or you can just figure out which CZ you really want to start with. Sounds like you have basically committed to try the brand. Now all you have to do is pick a model and caliber. That may be the toughest part!

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had my wife buy me a CZ 550 in 308 for Christmas (I was allowed one gift this year) will top it off with a Nikon Scope, just bought another CZ 550 (wife doesn't know about this one, will have to sneak it in the house)in 270 caliber and will be putting a Burris II 4.5X14 on this one.

I think this will hold be for awhile.

dbuck

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
DB, the funny thing is getting it into the house. I find that once the gun has made it to the safe, all the guns look the same to my wife and she thinks it is one I already have.

is the 308 a short action, or do they use the same action for long and short action calibers.

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know the cz .308 uses the same length action as there 30/06 and .270 models.

Pecos a nice little aimpoint might also work on that little carbine...be very quick handling.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PC, I'd like to play with an Aimpoint on such a rifle as the CZ carbine but I don't have one and I DID HAVE this old Bushnell 4x.

I'm trying to teach myself to be practical in my old age. Although I don't know why I should start now. I never was before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pecos,
When the 17HMR came out, I decided I just had to have one. Well, I ordered a CZ 452 American and I am very happy with it. CZ produces high quality firearms, and they are very competively priced.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pecos hopefully you can teach me how to be practical....guns and related gear keep me poor

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
PC think of it as a savings program that you get to play with and enjoy.

I finally got to take my little 527 kevlar varmit out for its second shake down run. the first I was excited I took it and fired it as is right from the packing box. remember I got it second hand. It shot ok on the first outing. I finally did some cleaning and found the bore to be quite fouled, Today I took it our for a real shake down. To sum it up this gun is the most accurate gun I own now and that is with factory ammo no less. This gun cloverleafs winchester white box at will, groups range from .5-.75 or less for 5 shots. many shots where essiantially in the same hole, this gun acts like it just wants to put em all through the same whole and I am the only one keeping it from doing it. I think with practice I can easily average .5 moa with white box winchester or blackhills. I am just not quite used to the gun and the super light trigger. To put it lightly This CZ is one bad ass little set up.

As for the trigger shoe it has laig stampped on one side and ace 16 stampped on the other side. I don't know weather or not this will help.

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PC - I'll be glad to teach you how to be practical just as soon as I learn the lesson myself.
-----------------------

CC - Terrific results with you CZ. I'm happy for you I think what CZ is proving with their firearms is that it is still POSSIBLE to mass produce quality firearms. They aren't masterpieces of custom work some little old man has slaved over 100s of hours to make just right. Rather CZ just has a good system and they stick to it carefully, quality testing all the way to the test target. (The way guns should be built.)

American gun mfgs seem to be just slinging together crap for the mass market and many of their parts are designed by legal firms.

I'm glad John Wayne isn't here to see the state of things.

one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
Quote:

American gun mfgs seem to be just slinging together crap for the mass market and many of their parts are designed by legal firms.

I'm glad John Wayne isn't here to see the state of things.

You said it Pecos! My 550 safari got glassed last Sunday and This weekend I will dress her up with a find Leupold VX-III 1.76 to 6 and start breaking in that long smooth barrel� and yes I know the love affair will grow!

Posts: 153 | Location: Hilo, Hawaii | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote