THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Norwegians arm tourists as bear protection

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norwegians arm tourists as bear protection
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am posting this here and not on the European thread as it is an interesting concept that may get ignored if it is there. Few members go there...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=TUOXTZ5M2F01YCRBAEOCFFA?type=ourWorldNews&storyID=5873954

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mehul: In one of the "World Treker" episodes about Norway, the host, Ian, is trained how to shoot a rifle before he stays out there in his tent. It was very interesting to watch that show on TV.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I watched a documentary on TV about a Nowegian adventurer who walked (or attempted to, I don't remember if he was successful or not) across the Canadian shield north to the pole. He was packing a 4" 29 as protection against polar bears, and he used it in the show. I always wondered how he got the permits from the Canadian gov't, they certainly don't like giving them to Canadians. It was an interesting show tho'. - dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I am a fan of the World Trekker series but I seem to have missed this one, unfortunately.

Danbelisle,

I am sure your government would have allowed him to protect his own life...

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote