New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality of Savage rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bill, The difference between a 110 and a 111 is not the stock, you can get either model with wood, laminate or a synthetic stock. I'm no expert but I own a 110 and my son has a 111. The differences I've noticed are; 1. The 110 has a satin blue finish and the 111 has a rougher bead blasted blue finish. and 2. The 110 has an adjustable trigger and the 111 does not. Other than these differences the rifles appear identical. If somebody else has noted any other differences maybe they can post a reply and help educate me too.

Posts: 91 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
I have several Savages,several Remingtons,and a few Winchesters.The Savages all shoot very nice tight groups.Now that they have the accura-trigger and the nice laminated stocks they make a very good lower priced rifle.I would buy them over the others now.The synthetic stocks look bad but do not seem to make any difference when shooting them.I do not hunt but just punch paper.
I have several older guns made on Mauser action and people turn their nose up on them,but they will out shoot most any guns i have ever shot them against.I think its just what a person likes myself and i like ANY gun that shoots good tight groups.
JMHO
muskrat
live to shoot-shoot to live!

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr Bill
If you want an affordable shooter- get a Savage!! I've owned a 110 in '06 for the last ten years and it shoots great and I've never had any troubles what so ever! And I do hunt-Elk / Bear/Dear in the rockies of ID. I would also hunt with this rifle anywhere else as well. You guys that like the custom rifles can keep them they don't shoot any better then a Savage-period!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 115 | Location: Mountain Home ID | Registered: 09 May 2002Reply With Quote