THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Christmas Roadtrip to Safari Club Museum

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Roadtrip to Safari Club Museum
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
We headed out to San Diego for Christmas with the inlaws, and stayed in Tucson on the way home.

We made a couple of hours this morning to stop by the Safari Club Museum in Tucson.

The museum is up on a hill on the South side of town and looks like a big stone castle. It has about half kids museum and half collection of trophies by different hunters.

If you are in Tucson and have a few hours it is worth a visit.

If you have children with you, they will be entertained. My 3 girls loved it. The wife enjoyed the Irish elk skulls.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review. Since moving to AZ I have been thinking of a trip to Tucson to check it out.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great place. Reproduction of a foreign legion fort one of the founders stayed at in Chad I believe. Good conservation message for non hunters and kids. In the area of gates pass there is the old Tucson movie studios and Sonoran desert museum which is a great zoo. Also saguaro National Park. Well worth seeing them all

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote