New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado tags
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
While the draw results are not posted yet, I received my early season Bear tag for my unit! Have to see which handgun needs to kill a bear this year now! Big Grin

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I got my moose refund in today's mail.

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I received my bear tag and my moose refund today.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn guys! Sorry. Those are harder to draw than bear though. Been putting in for moose and goat for 12 years now and my name ain't on the list! Graybird, at least you got your bear tag! Smiler

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I got a Bear tag!
Desert Sheep and a Moose refund.
I've been trying to draw a Moose longer than they've been giving preference points.
Backdoor says I drew a 3rd season Bull tag, now I'm hoping my 4th season Buck tag comes through....

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Damn guys! Sorry. Those are harder to draw than bear though. Been putting in for moose and goat for 12 years now and my name ain't on the list! Graybird, at least you got your bear tag! Smiler

Yep, at least I'll be in the field. Probably scouting for Snell and his 4th season buck! Maybe I'll stumble upon ole boo boo.

Back door says I also drew a 2nd or 3rd choice doe antelope tag.

Looks like I'll be after deer in Oklahoma again this fall.

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
got my sheep refund, but no deer refund yet. and I just put in for points, so I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll get that tag Dave, and it should be a good one!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After checking, I also drew my 4th season Mule deer tag! Didn't draw my antelope tag, so will be looking for a private landowner tag for the meat and didn't draw my elk tag. I was putting in for the early rifle season in 76 though.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
It'll be a September bear hunt and late season doe antelope hunt for me this year.

Graybird

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I hit the back door I couldn't for the life of me figure out the 022 Code next to my resident elk rifle license. Now I know it means you didn't draw. Anything.

So its OTC for me with the rest of the hordes and maybe I can find a relatively cheap landowner cow tag somewhere.

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I drew nada but PP's! Wife and adopted daughter drew 61 elk tags, amd a buddy drew a Desert Bighorn! Bastard killed his Rocky Mountain Big Horn only a few years ago!! So i am camp cook n wrangler for 2014 and that'd just be fine Wink

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unit 12/211 buck antelope tag for me. I thought my 19 points would get me the either sex tag for elk in Unit 2 but I see my point total went to 20. Maybe next year. All I put in for deer and bear was points so they went to 14. I also got my yearly disappointment on sheep and moose. I've taken a goat so I don't even apply for that one any longer.

So, I'll get a couple of leftover WY tags for doe antelope in adition to the buck tag for CO and I have a friend in AL that ownsa a farm by Tuscaloosa so I'll swing down there and pop a couple whitetail does for meat.

I'm sure the freezer will be full by the time the snow starts to fly and in the end, that is the important thing.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a bull elk tag for the first rifle season, unit 11. It's essentially an OTC tag, but it's my first elk hunt ever and thrilled to be going. Will be DIY backpack hunting somewhere in the White River NF. Can't wait for Oct 11 to get here!

Hoping to add a pronghorn hunt if a guide I've contacted comes up with a landowner tag for me. This would also be my first pronghorn hunt, so doubly excited for this fall.

One of Us
Picture of Bulldog05
posted Hide Post
Same as above, drew a Unit 31 1st season bull tag. Doing a DIY as well, plan on packing it in and staying up on the ridge the whole time.

1st timer for a DIY pack in hunt so I'm more than happy to accept any tips anyone may have or any info for unit 31.

Rick

Rick

Posts: 36 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 13 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Question for non-residents who put in for "points only" for deer or elk: have you received your refund checks yet?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got my 2nd season cow tag, but did not get a Pronghorn tag - my partner got his, though.

Posts: 100 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Registered: 10 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
Question for non-residents who put in for "points only" for deer or elk: have you received your refund checks yet?

Jason, We got all of our refund checks about 2 weeks ago.....

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
quote:

Rob,
Thank you for the info. Oddly I just received my elk "PP only" refund in the mail today. The postmark was June 10th. I guess they make NR wait a couple of weeks longer?

I am still waiting on my deer "PP only" refund.

I find it odd that Colorado uses such a convoluted refund system.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious, how many elk tags can you draw in Colorado? Seems like 61 tags for two people is kinda overkill? Maybe would be better to spread them around? Confused

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

quote:
I drew nada but PP's! Wife and adopted daughter drew 61 elk tags, amd a buddy drew a Desert Bighorn! Bastard killed his Rocky Mountain Big Horn only a few years ago!! So i am camp cook n wrangler for 2014 and that'd just be fine Wink

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Just curious, how many elk tags can you draw in Colorado? Seems like 61 tags for two people is kinda overkill? Maybe would be better to spread them around? Confused

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Would you understand it better had he posted they drew unit 61 elk tags. I drew 18 buck tag,15 bear tag and 18 elk tag

quote:

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom holland:
quote:

Larry Sellers

Have you hunted unit 18?
It is pretty good I think. Ironically right next to unit 81. I go there with an OTC bull tag.
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Would you understand it better had he posted they drew unit 61 elk tags. I drew 18 buck tag,15 bear tag and 18 elk tag

quote:

Posts: 3240 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Huvius:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tom holland:

Have you hunted unit 18?
It is pretty good I think. Ironically right next to unit 81. I go there with an OTC bull tag.

Huvius, Unit 28 borders 18 to the south and I shot my first bull there first year we moved to Co 1977. Back in them days we only had two hunting season and reason I hunted Middle Park you could take a buck first 5 days of the 10 days elk season if you had a tag. Most units had separate season for deer. Back then buck tag was OTC statewide not by unit.

No unit 81 next to 18 but unit 181 is so think that's what you meant. My bear tags includes unit 181 and all the other units Middle Park. I was up in unit 181 last week came in the back roads from Kremmling and lot of feed and water up high. Wife and I are heading up their first two weeks in July get some fishing in and do little scouting.

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure MOST of my friends/neighbors to the North in Colorado realize my TIC remarks regarding the number of elk tags one can receive. For those who don't get it, oh well.

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Rob,
Thank you for the info. Oddly I just received my elk "PP only" refund in the mail today. The postmark was June 10th. I guess they make NR wait a couple of weeks longer?

I stand corrected, we got all refunds back Except for elk! I just got my elk refund yesterday. Sorry for the confusion.

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry, they are cow tags. Smiler shit, Larry.... A bit slow tonight..... Got it, no, just 2 tags. Wink

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser
DRSS

quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Rob,

Yep, I got elk, still waiting on deer.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom holland:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Huvius:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tom holland:

Have you hunted unit 18?

Huvius, Unit 28 borders 18 to the south and I shot my first bull there first year we moved to Co 1977. Back in them days we only had two hunting season and reason I hunted Middle Park you could take a buck first 5 days of the 10 days elk season if you had a tag. Most units had separate season for deer. Back then buck tag was OTC statewide not by unit.

No unit 81 next to 18 but unit 181 is so think that's what you meant. My bear tags includes unit 181 and all the other units Middle Park. I was up in unit 181 last week came in the back roads from Kremmling and lot of feed and water up high. Wife and I are heading up their first two weeks in July get some fishing in and do little scouting.

Yes, 18 is what I meant.
A friend of mine has a place there and the East fork of the Troublesome runs right through it. Excellent fishing and Elk hunting. Beautiful place but the beetle kill really hit it hard.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote