New
Find
Notify
Tools

Madgoat!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A Christmas present from my son! Number 7 in 9 days!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a cat! 7 in 9 days, meaning your son guided folks to 7 cats in 9 days of hunting??

Sounds Awesome!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, including myself. He called Christmas morning and said, " Merry Christmas Dad, let's go lion hunting"!

Fresh snow, full moon, and we cut two different sets of tracks, he picked the biggest one, and the chase was on. I used to go with him, just to tag along and never shoot. And I quit when it got to be to much work for an old fart. He does not shoot every cat he trees, nor do his clients. He spends months and months chasing cats and bear in Utah, Ariz. and N.M. Cats in Wy.. I normally won't hunt on Christmas day, but for some reason, out of boredum, I went. I couldn't pass this one up!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kudu, that's just great. I can't think of a much better Christmas day myself. Let us see some pics of the mount or rug when you get her done!

Great job by your son, I know it's not that easy finding cats that consistently.

Good for you and your son!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fish! It was fun to spend the day with two of my sons. The oldest even packed it out for me! After it was skinned! Big Grin There are far more cats than most people think,.

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
What a great christmas day! Congrats on your time spent with your boys and a very nice cat! beer

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
That is AWEsome! Is your son an outfitter??

Cat hunt has been on my list for 2 years now. Just haven't made the time coinside with my schedule.

I'm very happy for you!

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I noticed the picture was taken so as to not view your sock-less foot.

You certainly look happy! Well done Sir!

Posts: 9217 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That had to be an incredible way to spend Christmas. NICE CAT, by the way!

Congratulations!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9374 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Well that certainly beats my Christmas, I was cutting down trees in knee deep snow half the day on the mountain.

~Ann

Posts: 19237 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Nice lion, I have always wanted to hunt them too. I have been on bobcat chases and they can be tough but a lion in the deep snow...nice lion

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I noticed the picture was taken so as to not view your sock-less foot.

I also got a new pair of socks, after I lost one to you! Big Grin

quote:
That is AWEsome! Is your son an outfitter??

Just a licensed guide in the above mentioned states. He would like to buy his own outfit, but his savings can't keep up with the increasing prices.

one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Thats a funny looking hound in the background. Big Grin

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
What a great Christmas present!! That is a fine looking lion!

Big time congrats!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thats a funny looking hound in the background

It is a little Cur/mix! Looks like a lab pup, but she is one of the best lion/bear dogs he has.,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is a beautiful cat. Congratulations.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote