New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too late for a black bear?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My friend, who had invited me to go black bear hunting in Alaska, is having problems and may have to back out of our trip. This was to be a more or less DYI hunt, he’s done it several times and was handling everything. All I had to do was buy a plane ticket and tags, so f he aint going then I’m out a bear hunting trip to Alaska. I should know his plans in the next week or so, but if Alaska is out I still want to hunt bear this spring.

So if I’m making the plans what I’d like is a chance at a good color phase bear. Anyone know of a open two bear area, rifle hunt in Alberta?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
So if I’m making the plans what I’d like is a chance at a good color phase bear. Anyone know of a open two bear area, rifle hunt in Alberta?

Check out NE450NO2's post on the Idaho bear hunt. I haven't been before, so I can't comment on color phase. But, I am joining him in June and I think there are two more spaces open for the week we are there (6/8-12). That post has a link to the outfitter.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 187 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Another fantastic outfitter in B.C. who I can vouche for is www.calamitycreekoutfitters.com .
Elk, deer, bear,lions, goats...

Please tell Brad & Val that Scott from Oklahoma sent you. They will deliver.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, you might give Ann at Aspen Hill a jingle, she still had some spring openings with some of her outfitters.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
albertacoyote,

What do you know about these guys?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote