New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming AR members
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just a heads up to you that live in Wyoming. Currently in Wyoming, if your employer has a policy against a firearm of any type, locked in your private vehicle on company property (parking lot) that allows them to terminate you, they have every right to do so.

There is a bill before the state legislature HB207, that will allow you to have a secured firearm in your locked vehicle on company property. If you think you support this bill, and would contact one of the committee members sponsoring the bill PM me and I will give you names and emails.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indiana just passsed such a law last year.

Posts: 91 | Location: Mishawaka, In. | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear. Utah did a year or two ago also.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kudu56,

PM sent.

Thanks,

jpj3

Posts: 141 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lived and Worked in Wyoming for 20+ years, during hunting season it was easy to tell who the hunters were, we always parked out on the public streets and the county roads, and walked into the job sites. One of the companies I worked for would run a sniffer dog through the parking lot every couple months and pull anybody off the job to have them open their vehicle if the dog stopped. If you refused to open, you were fired, if anything was found that was considered contraband by the company you were fired.

Good on Wyoming, I hope it passes.

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote