New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: successful goat hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nice photo and good story - ain't alders great?

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i believe the mt. was 3200 ft to the peak and we were alomst there. when we were up there it looked awesome, you could see the whole sound and the boat looked like a speck. thanks for all the comments its great to share with other hunters!

Posts: 111 | Location: eagle river ak | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nic job, Alaskadude

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow,

Cool hunt dude! What kind of boat and where is that?

one of us
posted Hide Post
its a 25ft (30 overall) harbercraft kingfisher pilot house, its got a 225 yamaha 4 stroke, trolling kicker, sleeps 4 with diesel heater. after a hard learning curve i paid up and got what i wanted. the goat was taken out of prince william sound in alaska. the season is still open along with deer out there, we may go back and try to get one for my friend if the weather cooperates.

Posts: 111 | Location: eagle river ak | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the very fine Mt Goat! As a fellow 'boat hunter' I can appreciate all the planning and work (plus weather luck) which goes into such a fine hunt. Good job all around...

Most folks may not appreciate the effort invloved in hunting via the water, and why boat based transporters cost so much money (well spent in my opinion.)

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Way to go! I sure hope to be able to experience Alaska some day.

Posts: 19234 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Dude,

Big time congrats!! Keep the boat.......

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a cool rig!

Between your boat and my C-180 we'd make a one heck of a team!

keep up the good work.

Greg.