New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos of your Elk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thinking about some elk hunting in the distant future (would love to just get out in Elk country sans guide) and would really like to see some photos of elk, hunters and big cheesy grins! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

here they are hanging on the wall---yea I know not quite the trophy room I have envisioned, but someday---

both are from Montana--1st pic is from 2001 and the 2nd pic is from 1999--for some reason I don't have a pic of my 2000 elk in TrophyPhotos--will have to figure that out and remedy it---chris

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
My elk last year was a calf.

This is me and my hunting partner with his elk.

A cow and a calf are not much to brag about but I sure did have fun. And it was a hunt I will never forget.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Painted Horse
posted Hide Post
Personally I didn't draw a mature bull tag. So I shot a cow and spike on my tags. The attached photos are from my hunting party. Friends who did draw mature bull tags. All are 2004 Utah Elk

And the reason I get invited to go hunting

Posts: 232 | Location: Utah | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I killed my first elk when I was fifteen with a bow. It was a calf also, but it will always be a great trophy to me.

After that we didn't elk too much, but got back into it in 1999 with muzzleloaders. 1999 and 2000 yielded nothing, but in 2001 I shot my first bull elk:

2002 was another dry year, so we switched to a new location to hunt cows. It's been pretty good to us.

Here's the old gal from 2003:

And here's the cow I shot last December:

These may not be big trophies like those above (man those are some nice bulls!), but they have kept my freezer full of tasty elk meat for four years. Can't complain about that.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. thumb

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Painted Horse, Utah seems to have some great elk. In the first picture, is that a point that appears to be a third antler?

1894, sorry no pics from me. I got eluded by both the elk and the deer. I did learn Montana has a healthy population of bull moose, doe mule and whitetail deer, and full-curl bighorn sheep.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Here's a close cousin, the European Red Stag :

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Painted Horse
posted Hide Post
Sevens. Good eye.

It does have a third beam that comes off the beam down low. It scored 384 non-typical.

Here is another angle of it.

Posts: 232 | Location: Utah | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I cannot see any of these photos - either nothing or little boxes with red Xs Confused

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1894mk2:
Unfortunately I cannot see any of these photos - either nothing or little boxes with red Xs Confused

Adam,

Perhaps its just as well as envy is a terrible thing! Big Grin Big Grin Lets just say there are one or two beasts there that you will not be hauling out in your roesack! Wink

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck, that is one heck of a fifth point on the right side of that bull......wait, that's a tree. Smiler

Nice bull for West of the Rockies. Wink

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice bull for West of the Rockies.

Actually, if I spit east from where that bull was killed, it'd only require a little updraft to carry it over onto your side of the rocks. Big Grin

Its a pretty average mature 6pt for the east kootenays. Put a smile on my face. Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote