THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    nice buck falls to my little 7mm Bullberry Contender carbine

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nice buck falls to my little 7mm Bullberry Contender carbine
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted

I was fortunate enough to take a nice buck around 10:30 a.m. today using my 7mm Bullberry. Grady, one of our 9-year-old twins, actually spotted this buck and recognized him as one we hoped to take. The buck was running his scrape line and was not wasting time, so when he stopped at app. 230 yards and presented a frontal quartering opportunity, I took the shot. He made 30-35 yards before piling up, his heart and one lung demolished by the 140 grain Ballistic Tip that leaves the muzzle at 2450 fps.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a nice deer, Bobby. You are certainly back into the swing of whacking-n-stacking! Keep up the good work.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice!! Gotta love that 140 grain 7mm Ballistic Tip. Good to see the youngsters involved also.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
this is him on Halloween:

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Good job, nice buck. tu2

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Really nice buck Bobby! Congrats.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
What powder do you run in your 7

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Ted-This load uses WW748. I am using 34 grains (slightly compressed) under the 140 grain BT and also the old-style lead-tipped Nosler. Both run right at 2450 fps. The C-T BST shoots similarly, albeit with a slightly different seating depth. H335 is superb in his cartridge as well. For years I shot a load using 32 grains Of H335 under the Sierra 130 grain SSP. It gave me 2509 fps and incredible accuracy, but Sierra discontinued that bullet quite a while back, and my stash has all but dried up.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Very nice buck! clap

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I've mentioned before I do not like pics of myself, but since a couple of you have asked for another view of the busted-up side, here it is. This buck apparently had done a bit of fighting...

And i have to say thans to my little hunting buddies Andy & Grady as they took care of photo duties -- and did fairly well for 9-year-olds, I might add.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Well Done! Congrats!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote