THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    What to hunt between late Oct and early December?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to hunt between late Oct and early December?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Guys:

Needs some help. My wife is trying to get her father (Austrian) to come over to the states to visit for a few weeks. The best time for her would be late October to December.

While he's here, I wanted to try to take him hunting for something - Deer or black bear.

We would probably have five days to hunt.

He's an older gentleman (60) and doesn't speak English. He is an AVID hunter in Austria, would would not be interested in sitting in a blind with a guide, over looking game and being told which one to shoot. On the other hand, he's not physically fit enough for long stalks, or treks up and down mountains.

So, I'm turning to good old AR for suggestions on what might be a hunt that would be good for he and I that won't break the bank.

Or, if you have some private land where my father-in-law might be able to harvest a nice animal, I would love to speak with you. This is more about him than I and will not hunt if it means getting him some place nice.

He has taken me wild boar hunting in Austria, now it's time for me to pay back his generocity.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We drove I 81 thru your state again last month and the land there in Western VA is as pretty as any anywhere.

In the past we have seen the most deer there too. Even more than PA.

I would find a place that you can both hunt on withing daily driving distance of where he is staying. For that length of time some bird hunting could be done too?

Some more idea's. In some ways you can't beat a friend when your visting some other country. Is there a German club that you can contact? Finding him a pen or internet pal that has a place to hunt and speaks German would be special.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote