New
Find
Notify
Tools

125 gr 30-06 ammo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey there , I have about 15 rounds of remingtons 125 grn 30-06 ammo, not managed recoil, the regular stuff and i was going to use them for whitetails but i wasnt sure if they were a heavy enough bullet for them. they have awesome results on groundhogs.And if i would hit a deer in the shoulder would they penetrate. thanks

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They will work just fine. If they are accurate in your rifle, use them.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
The owner of the land I used to hunt in MO used that exact ammo for every hunting season and he used it on 2 black bears.

He's never had a problem collecting game.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
They don't shoot well in everyone's gun, but it sounds like they do in yours. They have enough energy for deer, and the factory ammo's trajectory is the same as the 150 gr ammo.

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
They are great litle killers

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I used 125 gr 30-06 at over 3000 fps on deer killed the deer made mush out of the insides.

Shot a dozen deer or so with them Now I load 180s in my 06 Just to cut down on types of bullets I have laying around.

The only thing I would say is stay away from the hard angled shots.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey thanks guys, i appreciate the input. I normally dont take shots at hard angles anyway pdogshooter so i shoudnt have any problems.

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote