Find
Notify
Tools

More CWD from the damn deer farmers.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Navaluk, you need to pay more attention to crap than what you do.

One, I am not a fence sitter, I have been voting since I got old enough to do so, 1968.

Two, I don't like the High Fence concept except for Exotic animals, better than anyone else, but it is here and it ain't going to go away.

Three, even though I do not agree with the High Fence White tails concept, I DAMN sure do not agree with the government telling a Private Land Owner what they can or can not do on their own property.

Four, the anti-hunters do not care how or where hunting is done, they are against ANY and ALL forms of it, Does Not Matter to them.

Five, there is a LARGE possibility, that just like in Europe, hunting in America will end up being available only on High Fenced/Private Properties, because the anti's are going to focus more and more on shutting hunting on the nations Public Lands down, using the argument that the animals on that land are public property and the Public does not all agree that on segment of the Public should be allowed to kill those animals.

I wish things had not degenerated to the point hey are at, but if you or anyone else is going to start laying blame at ANYONE'S feet, start with the organizations like Texas Trophy Hunters Association and Quality Deer Management and all the "Hunters" that became so enamored with High scoring racks, that created a demand that some folks took the advantage to provide what those "Hunters" were clamoring for.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CHC I don't follow.

You asked whether any of us were really against free enterprise.

I was explaining why I am against free enterprise in the case of whitetail farm and shoot operations.

You "DAMN sure do not agree with the Government telling a private land owner what they can or cannot do on their own property"?

Really? You do not agree with it being illegal to cook Meth on private land? I don't believe you thought that statement through before you typed it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Navaluk, you are about as stupid as a person can get.

Meth/Marijuana are illegal substances over most of America.

No I don't believe a person should be able to get involved with either on their own property if it is NOT LEGAL in the state they live in.

High Fence White Tail properties are legal, and it does not matter what you think, if it is legal, I support it even if I don't agree with it. Landowner's choice/Landowner's Rights.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

I DAMN sure do not agree with the government telling a Private Land Owner what they can or can not do on their own property.

That's exactly what you said.

Meth is illegal to make on your property BECAUSE the government tells you it's illegal.

You stupid shit shoveling inbred. Why the hell does your vote count the same as mine?

Hell maybe your right and I'm retarded for even responding to the King of Morons.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No I don't believe a person should be able to get involved with either on their own property if it is NOT LEGAL in the state they live in.

Yes, I did say what you quoted, and I also said what I quoted above.

Yes, my vote does count just exactly as much as yours.

And YES I still maintain that the government does not need to be telling a land owner that they can not put up a high fence and start up a deer hunting operation.

You can take your thoughts and shove them up your fat ass as far as I am concerned.

It is people like you that want the government regulating everyone's life, while I don't, and especially so when it comes to what a person does on their own property, As Long As It Is Legal.

Deer farming is LEGAL. Raising marijuana is Legal in some places and if a person follows the rules and regulations concerning how the stuff is grown, that is their business, NOT YOURS or MINE.

Having a Meth Lab is NOT LEGAL anywhere and should stay that way.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here we go again. New regulations just introduced in NY regarding which deer parts can be brought back into the state from OH because...

"In late October, the Ohio Department of Agriculture confirmed a case of CWD in a white-tailed deer on a deer farm in Holmes County, OH - the first positive CWD case in the state. CWD has also been confirmed in captive deer on multiple farms in Pennsylvania and in the wild deer herd in that state."

It always starts at the deer farms and then spreads to the wild herd.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I see that after just getting back from 7 weeks out in Wyoming it's the same old thing with CHC getting in a pissing match with someone and the namecalling starts, but then blames others like myself for running poeple off this site, LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Navaluk:
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

White tails are different, but are you or I or anyone else really against Free Enterprise?

That is what High Fence Deer Ranches are, Free Enterprise in action!

How do we, hunters as a group, convince other "Hunter's" that the numbers game and shooting pen raised livestock is detrimental to hunting?

I'm against this free enterprise because I want to hunt. Just because it's free doesn't make it good for hunting or good for anything. Selling cocaine used to be legal free enterprise and then it wasn't.

The same should happen here for 2 very good reasons:

1. These deer farmers and the POS killers who finance them are facilitating and accelerating the spread of CWD. Their legal method of business and hunting is infringing on my opportunity to hunt disease free deer now and may infringe on my right to hunt deer in many places I want to legally hunt. As soon as somebody gets a prion disease and they think it may be from eating CWD infected meat, I'm screwed. The government will overreact like with Ebola, mark my words.

2. Those on the fence voters, who are neither hunters nor rabid antis, might associate this BS with me and my "hunting" and think "this is crap and if this is what hunting has come to and the hunting community supports this, then I'm sick of it and I'm going to vote it all down."
As a hunter with almost 5 decades in, I can say if this farm killing was all there was I would vote against hunting myself. So I don't see it beyond the pale that fence sitters will vote it down. For me it's disrespectful to the magnificent Whitetail.

The fence sitters see this agri-hunting and they think that's what hunting is. They don't know better and they don't care enough to find out, they just make a judgment on what they do know and vote against it.

Make no mistake the vast majority of voters are neither hunters or antis. They are people who care about other things as deeply as I care about hunting. They only make time to care about hunting when something catches their attention. That's why the antis use extreme visual aids and examples in their advertising. They know perfectly well that 80% of the voters simply do not have time between work, family and their hobbies, to give a shit about hunting. If we don't self regulate with an eye towards keeping these people out of the voting booth, all hunting will "hang together".

+1 Navaluk!!!