THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Colorado mulie on the ground this morning (UPDATED WITH BETTER PICS)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado mulie on the ground this morning (UPDATED WITH BETTER PICS)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
This is Brittney, my friend Adam's wife. She dumped this 28" buck this morning with the 270 win, 130 TSX, 57.0gr H4831SC. Shot was just over 100 yards. I had the rifle built with her and the kids in mind, even though it will fit Adam just fine. As much hunting as they all do, it will be put to good use. I have not heard whether or not she's comfortable with it yet, bc Adam is a real slacker when it comes to details that we here on AR like. (He'll likely read this but he knows how I am about details).

He has a friend that is equally as anal as we are when it comes to loading and as you can see, the ammo he put together got the job done as did Brittney.

Blueprinted RH Remmy DM 700, 24" 3 groove Lilja #3 SS, H-S Precision stock plus glass bed, shortened LOP and I had an AR member smith in Utah install Pachmyer decelerator on it. He is also the one that shortened LOP.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She did a great job, Doc. Very nice buck.

Posts: 203 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing, but I think this is her biggest mulie so far.

I'll have to get some feedback from them tonight.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is one huge Buck..
WOW!!

Kudos to her for the great trophy..

Don

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Nice! Oh, and I thought you were going to write that that was someone's daughter. Wink In any event, handsome deer.

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
Nice! Oh, and I thought you were going to write that that was someone's daughter. Wink In any event, handsome deer.

KG

She is someone's daughter! Big Grin

Yes, I know, she looks 18. I sent the pic to someone on his cell phone and he asked how she could be someone's wife as she looked so young.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great buck!! Nice doe also!! Wink

Posts: 38 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 21 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That's a great deer - pass along our congratulations to the lady.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Adam rough scored it... somewhere in the mid-low 180s.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great buck! Always nice to see our female hunters tagging out, even more so when its a real nice trophy.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:

Pic was sent to my cell from his cell this morning while I was watching my son play his soccer game, ...

Doc:

Your line about watching your son play soccer made me think that if I were able to spend 1/10 the time in the woods as I have spent watching, reffing and coaching soccer over the last 10 years, I would have a room full of trophies. (But, sadly - alot less memories with my kids.)

I am lucky that my kids love hunting as well, but it always seems that they have a game on the opening day of turkey season - spring and fall.

By the way - That is a fine buck. Congrats to all involved.

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Just an update on pics just now added. When Britt draws a tag, the whole family hunts. thumb Yes, she looks 18 but she's the mother of 5.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice. She is a regular Sarah Palin.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
Nice. She is a regular Sarah Palin.

Actually, you're not far off. The kids have cool names, not too common...much like the Palins.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What a nice family.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
That's a heck of a buck and a dang good looking lady holding him. Mother of 5! Never would have thought.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Good hunter, good looking woman!, good brood mare.....thank God we can still produce women like her. Sprinkle those genes out far and wide, we need more of them.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That picture of her with the kids is stellar. It should go on the cover of a magazine...

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
DMB, I couldn't agree more....

Regards,
Craig Nolan

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote