New
Find
Notify
Tools

NW CO elk report
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I will be hunting the 4th season near Maybell. How's the hunting and snow fall so far in NW CO?

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best I can follow the Weather Channel it appears there has been some snow in the Flat Tops and the elk are moving down. Anybody know if the elk are moving down?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from hunting the second season in the Flattops. We camped near Oyster lake. The snow was melting off all week. There was very little sign on top. The elk we saw were at lower elevations.

Posts: 36 | Location: lubbock,texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I`m also hunting 3/301 in the 4th season,their expecting 3-7in of snow for 10-28and 29th.most of the state is under a winter strom watch this week.My buddy who lives in craig said they have been pulling alot of elk out of the Godiva rim,just north of Maybell.Good Luck will Let you guys know more next week,I`ll be hunting deer and scouting for elk this weekend.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will be hunting 11 & 211. Good luck chasing mulies this weekend.

posted Hide Post
well chased mullies around all weekend didn`t come across anything shootable,a bounch of 2 and 3 pointers.Elk were on the move with the snow found several small herds moving west towards maybell.Looking at the tracks 6 to 10 animals in each herd.By sunday snow was gone.We headed east and went up to california park noth of hayden,heard a couple of bulls still bugling and cows chirping,no deer,no snow. Snow moving in for monday,good luck on your hunt