New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too late to book guided elk hunt??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last year I was intent on booking my first guided elk hunt, either in Wyoming, Idaho, or Montana, for fall of 2005. Then I found out that one daughter was going to get married in June and the other in October. I then gave up on the idea of a guided elk hunt due to the cost of two weddings with one of them taking place during elk season. I was notified last week that the October wedding has been postponed until summer of 2006. Is it too late to book a decent elk hunt in the aformentioned areas and should I just wait till next year. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions and referrals in regards to cost, areas to hunt, and guides in the areas mentioned. My oldest daughter, the one getting married in June, has watched over my shoulder many times as I have read this forum, so much so that she calls Mr. Atkinson, "your friend Ray", although we have never met and wouldn't know each other if we passed within 2 feet of each other on the street. Anyway, thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Posts: 98 | Location: Eagle, Idaho | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Idaho or Montana but the application for nonresident elk has passed in Wyoming.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The draw has ended in Colorado, but their is an over-the-counter bull season that goes from November 5-11. You may also find a guided hunt that has access to tags. Some large private ranches in certain states are allowed a certain number of them. So no it's not to late, but you better get yourresearch together and act soon though.

Posts: 113 | Location: Cajun Country | Registered: 12 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
New Mexico,BC...no problem

Hunt as long as you can
As hard as you can.
You may not get tommorrow.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I believe I can set you up in Idaho as well. Drop me an email if you want some more info...

aspenhill@triton.net

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Johnnie Hamilton
posted Hide Post
You still have time to apply to New Mexico. I take somenice bulls out of that state. I do a 5 day fully guided hunt for $4500.00 If you are interested you can e-mail me loriraeh@earthlink.net

Johnnie Hamilton
719-846-3559

Posts: 18 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 24 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Super 88,

You've got a PM.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Super88

This may not be what you had in mind but if you can secure a commissioners tag here in WY I can put you with a great guy that can get you close to a very large elk.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote