THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    The Importance Of "Energy" & "The Kill"?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Importance Of "Energy" & "The Kill"?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Energy figures state nothing at all, That is my claim. At the least it cannot be used for anything reasonable.
African Gamedepartments use 4000 ft/lb as the lowest legal ME for Buff., But imagine a .22 40 grs. bullet and take it to an impossible 6800fps and it will be at a good 4000 ft/lb. But will it kill a buff.... hardly.
Bullet diameter, weight and bullet contruction will do it, when put in the right spot.
[/B] [B]"Drop dead kills" I have only expierienced with smaller game, such as Roedeer. Wth premium and non premium bullets in any caliber. Big game shot with an inadequate bullet that expands too rapidly can and sometimes will run "forever" even if shot in the "machinery". The right bullet at the right time in the right place will do it. Only energy needed, is enough for it to reach the "killing zone" expanded.
I for one think that excess energy only serves one purpose... Destroing the meat we usually kill the beast for.
A clean kill does not have to mean : "exploded game".

K&B

Niels

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote