New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Deer cart recomendation
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mine is homemade also. It is black, weighs about 900 lb, and has 4wd. I can ride it until I get game on the ground and then use it to carry the game out. And is is legal to take anywhere, even into the wilderness. I built it by introducing a nice Appy mare to a friendly Morgan stud up the road.
Sorry folks, just couldn't resist.

Posts: 273 | Location: West Central Idaho | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
The Cabelas Super Mag Hauler is an excellent game cart.

I can put a deer, treestand, my backpack, my rifle, and water in one and haul it all easily by myself. It folds and goes right in the back of my truck.

The center of gravity is low too so it's not "tippy".

I love it!!! $130 plus shipping at Cabelas.
Super Mag Hauler

Get it well before your hunt and put it together. The wheels stink strongly like rubber and it'll take a couple of weeks to "air them out".

This unit is great for the new walk-in only areas that have roads. Tie it behind your mountain bike and you can make good time and penetrate the area very well.

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tracker12, Over the years we've tried various carts and things with wheels, but jsut never found them practical in the Bean, Corn, and Cotton fields, nor in the swamps.

Best thing we found was the old Drag Stick.

You need a comfortable-to-the-grip piece of wood as wide as the outside of your shoulders. Drill 2 holes through the wood about 6" in from each end. Tie a couple of 8' lengths of rope through the holes. These you tie to each front leg. And a loose 3rd piece of rope wrapped around the Drag Stick when carrying, is used to tie both legs and the head together.

Now you can hold it behind you comfortably and lean into the pull. The Deer hair slides easily across about anything. And with the head tied to the legs, you don't have it hanging-up on stuff.

One additional benefit is if a buddy comes to help and you are in a Bean or Cotton field, you can put yourself in one row, the Deer one row over and your buddy another row over. Then two guys pulling can really skid them out.

When you get to the truck, climb unto the tailgate and "roll" the rope onto the Drag Stick so the Deer's legs(and head) are off the ground and pointing up at you. When you stand up, the Deer rises to the tailgate and as you back up, it slides right in.

Light weight, cheap and very effective.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mines Green and Yellow and says John Deere on the side ! It has 4wd and you never have to push or pull.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Chuck Wagon,

You cheat...

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote