THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Any unsuccessful hunters this year?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Any unsuccessful hunters this year?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted
There is still a lot of time for great hunting over the next couple of months at many places around the country. If you weren't successful on the one trip you took, why not consider another? Next year is a long time to wait....

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Geez, you got to bum around Montana in gorgeous weather for a week, and saw lots of game! Where is the failure? JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Never released an arrow, never squeezed the trigger.

Had several great deer and elk hunts, some long stalks, saw lots of new country out of state. But then again, the year is not over..

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats why it's called hunting and not shooting. You got out had fun saw lots of animals. I think I would call that successful. It sure is a hell of alot better than going to work.

Posts: 182 | Location: Okotoks, Alberta | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sevens, sounds like to me you had a great trip , if you have to kill something for a hunt to be successful you are out there for the wrong reason. It sounds like you saw lots of game and that is what makes a hunt. If its meat your after, then buy a beef, Much CHEAPER.....
Due to a work schedule, I never got to spend even 1 hour hunting this year and it was a heart breaker for me as I have deer and elk within 500 yards of the house. I will be done with my current job sometime in Feb or March and then I plan to do a bit of Varmit hunting to fill the gap, so yes I went Empty this year..............

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't brought home a deer for the last 5 years. No biggie for me, I did see quite a few does fawns and spikes, nothing with a legal rack has been within range (or not on someone's front lawn!) so no venison for me.

But one trophy that I'll have with me for some time was that I did see a lot of deer, all at one time even. Had a nice dry spot under a pine tree for about 30 minutes, when a line of deer start to walk about 40 yards in front of me, 16 deer total, all in single file, and biggest to smallest. Reminded me of the old carnival games with the ducks rolling by. Pretty impressive, and not one of them minded me a bit.

My poor Marlin .44 got soaked the whole time I was out, and I ended up with the Flu, but all in all, I had a great time, but i am racking up a nice collection of unused deer tags...

posted Hide Post
For the last couple of years, Cabela's has had a drawing for a ATV. Entry coupons are unfilled big game tags.
Call the store in Sideny, and see if it still going.
I was not successful myself on the first half of my Colroado elk hunt. Second half comes up New Years. Much better chances will be had then.

Ed

Posts: 12 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: 08 November 2002Reply With Quote