New
Find
Notify
Tools

Luxury Lodge Black Bear?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys, need your help, am looking to give my wife a bear hunt for 2014, at a luxury lodge (comfortable / great food).

Anyone know a place / outfitter?

Thanks!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
How luxurious are you meaning? I have a nice place and good outfitter in New Brunswick I'd recommend.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Totem Lodge in Sioux narrows Ontario is a very nice resort and offered bear hunts last time I checked.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.vermejoparkranch.com/

I was here three times with my husband on elk hunts and we took my Father-in-law here fishing for his 70th birthday.

An absolutely incredible place.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi - that does look really nice!

Big B: also interesting, although I couldn't find a link to hunting on their page... maybe they have another one I didn't find.

Ann: quite nice - its kinda papmering + hunting bear, all in one.

Thanks all!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I'm headed here next week.. http://www.foggymountain.com/ Not exactly Luxury, but not a typical hunting camp either... they have several camps, this one is the better of the three accomodations wise.. http://www.pittstonfarm.com/

We leave Saturday, I'll let you know how it was when we get back..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Here is the rundown on Foggy...

the accomodations in the "hotel" are what you would expect from a 100 year old hotel.. about the same as your average deer camp.. The Carriage House rooms are quite nice, but far from luxury.. There is plenty to do for non-hunters... fising is superb... native trout that hit on just about anything...

Last week, it rained almost every day, so weather conditions were far from ideal, but they still managed to tag 11 bear, and nearly ever bait was hit every day even though they were having a bumper crop of berries.

Even though I didn't get a bear, It was a fun trip.. I'll likely go back again.. but NOT with this outfitter..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I just posted pics of a hunt I did a couple weeks ago with my son in Maine. northcountrylodge.com Highly recommend. Several wives were there just due to the accomodations. Check out my post in this section

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2603 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote