THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Shipping a Rifle Stock to Canada, Any restrictions?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping a Rifle Stock to Canada, Any restrictions?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm getting ready ship a rifle stock to a friend in Alberta, Canada. Any restrictions or special paperwork that needs to be filled out before hand?
TIA!
MM

[ 12-02-2003, 22:44: Message edited by: Marsh Mule ]

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd ship it marked, "Wood Products," or something such as that. That's what I did when I sold a pair of wooden handgun grips to a person in Canada. No problem. Keep the words "Firearm...," or "gun...," off the shipping label.

Just a suggestion.

L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It shouldn't be a problem. I had a stock shipped a couple months ago from richards microfit in California. Was no problem and it was marked on the Canada customs import form that it was gun parts. It was never opened by them. i don't believe there are any restrictions on gunstocks as long as there is no action and barrel included with it.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!
I sent off the stock this morning so keep your fingers crossed, I'll post if there are any problems.
Again thanks to both of you.

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a point of interest, Canadian customs could care less if your sending a rifle stock into Canada. It is US customs that have something to say. Provided the declared value of the stock is under $100USD it goes not problem. If its above, you are required to get an export permit.

Posts: 96 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote
<Reloader66>
posted
Make no mention of parts for a rifle, just send the package marked unfinished wood crafts. If you state it is a rifle stock on the shipping carton, bells and whistles go off, flags pop up, and your package becomes a national security issue. Keep it low key and low profile, by using simple words to decribe the contents of the package. When I ship actions or rifle barrels, I state contents of package as unfinished machined steel parts. Never have a problem with questions as to carton contents.