New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Drawing's Posted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If anyone put in for the elk or deer drawings in Colorado the results were posted Friday on their website.

http://www.wildlife.state.co.us/database/

Posts: 249 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Ol' Sarge>
posted
Yeah, I know. We didn't get drawn for bow elk in the White River. Guess we'll go to Flattops instead. Oh well, somewhere is better than nowhere.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ol' Sarge:
Yeah, I know. We didn't get drawn for bow elk in the White River. Guess we'll go to Flattops instead. Oh well, somewhere is better than nowhere.

I got drawn for my cow tag but I chose an area with close to 100% success in the drawing. My buddy did not get his elk tag down around Salida either.

Posts: 249 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a good year for me in the drawing. I got a cow tag one of the new Ranching For Wildlife areas and that's it. Got blanked on the moose, deer, bighorn sheep, limited bear, antelope, and limited spring turkey.

Saddest part is that I'll probably end up eating the elk tag as well. I report to my next duty station (USS Ronald Reagan) in sept and probably won't come back just for a cow elk.

It seems to me that they cut way back on some of the tags. I had 8 points for antelope and still failed to get the tag I want. Can't complain too much though. I hit most of the tags i put in for last year including a mountain goat.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
2 for 2!!!!

First, archery deer. Second, rifle elk and an either sex tag to boot! Now Wyoming just has to come through and it could be a tripple this year!