Find
Notify
Tools

Yahooooo! CA Tule Elk Tag - La Panza
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I was lucky enough to draw a California Tule Elk tag for the 2nd season La Panza bull hunt. I have hunted public land in the area before, but was thinking that I would try to get access to one of the private ranches in the area this time. Does anyone have a lead for private land access in the area?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3819 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Good to hear about a "locals" success.

I have maximum points and struck out again. Well, maybe next year.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Contact Kyler at boaring.com He is an AR member and guides hog hunting just north of there. If he can't help, I'm sure he can get you in touch with someone who can.
Good Luck with the hunt!

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Blacktailer-

Actually, Kyler was my first contact. He has not guided in the area, but is doing some checking with the other guides he works with. I have hunted with Kyler, and he is first class.

Thanks for the tip anyhow.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3819 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
I have hunted with Kyler, and he is first class.

Amen to that.

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations boomer! I do not know where the La Panza hunt is located, but I spent several wonderful years of my life working between Bishop and the very south end of Lake Owens, and we used to always see lots of Tule elk there...they are not like other elk..congratulations! thumb

A very coveted species indeed...

Robert Jobson

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote