Find
Notify
Tools

what's the difference?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
I having been doing some searching for exotics hunts and I keep seeing barbado sheep and corsican sheep. What's the difference between the two? Some places say there the same thing, other sites say that a corsican is a cross between a mouflon and a barbado, and if you ask me ones got a black face and the others got a white one. So, can you clear up my confusion? Thanks.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it isn't Barbary Sheep? That is another name for the Aoudad. Aoudads are originally from Northern Africa in Chad and Libya. The Corsican is purely a manmade creature. Basically is't a hybrid with any one of several different bloodlines.

As to the difference from a hunting comparison, there really is no comparison. The aoudad is very wary and spooky. Even on a game ranch, they are hard to get a crack at. The corsican, based on my very limited experience, can be taken with a thrown boot. They just don't have any survival instincts, which makes sense since there has never been a wild one. They make a pretty nice little trophy though.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Mac, I Am sure it is a barbado. When I do A search for "barbado sheep" I get alot of pictures of what look like darker corsican sheep, not at all like the audad sheep. Also, out of curiosity, has any one hunted spainish/catalina billy goats? Are these as dumb as the corsican sheep? Thanks.
Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote