Find
Notify
Tools

Guides in Oregon and Idaho
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Can anyone give me details of the guide service they used to hunt elk in Oregon or Idaho? What all do the guides do and what tasks were the hunters responsibility? What equipment were you required to bring? Were you comfortable and reasonably well fed? Were they ethical about hunting?

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why do you need a guide??

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
The best Oregon guided hunting operation I know of is run by Jon Wick, who is a second-generation outfitter. Jon is a truly great professional, you can trust him 100 %, and he won't disappoint you. Here's his website:

www.oregonelkhunter.com

AD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've had elk guides both ways, enough bad ones that the only way I'll book with one is to know a guy or 2 personaly that have gone with him before, and those guys and me were talking the same language. If you have a good one you really need to bring your clothes, rifle, hunting equipment and maybe sleeping bag. Food etc. with good ones is always good, & is one of the ways you can good from bad. If the reports you hear have lousy camps, foods, etc, you can pretty well bet that you are with a bad one. #1 thing I believe in elk hunting is that you are in shape (especially in idaho, some of that country is straight up and straight down).

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote