Notify
Tools

Basspro Shops NEVER AGAIN
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
I will never buy again NOTHING through this Shop !! Mad

I have tried to buy A PAIR OF BINOS through their website and they reject my order. I talked to the Security Manager of MasterCard here in my country who is a close friend of mine and he told me that they don't have any international attempt from this shop asking for an authorization code.

At the phone the lady in charge of the international orders from Basspro told me that is a third conmpany ? that work for them that is not allowing my purchase !! I asked them to tell me a reason and they told me they are not allowed to do that ??!!!!

They dont gave the name of this third party (company) or their telephone number because they are not allowed..

How I can fix a problem if I am not been able to know what the problem is ???!!!! Who the hell is deciding what I can buy with my money or not ?? Is not Basspro, is not MasterCard...so who is ??

From now on I will buy everything through Cabelas !!!

Sorry but I am really pissed off !!! Mad Mad

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
did you get your bino's?
if not is there some way I can help?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Bass Pro right down the road from me. If you really want something from them, let me know. I'll get the price and if you want to you can send me a money order. I'll pick the item up and send it to you. All I ask is that you cover shipping in addition to the cost of the item, which you would do anyways.

But I do agree with you, Cabela's is a more user friendly outfit. I tried to get the local Bass Pro to special order some reloading components for my 375 H&H since they don't carry any. I even offered to pay in advance. They still wuldn't place the order. Lost them a pretty good sale since I just ordered it from Cabela's and Midway.

Flags

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gentlemen, but I have just bought without any problem the same pair of binos through another shop !!

This people at Basspro are increadible !! I still remember a couple of years ago when I was at the States and I tried to buy from them (at their Ft. Lauderdale Shop) a crossbow...the chap in charge of the section told me not to loose my time with crossbows, that they were VERY difficult to use...so I walked away a little bit puzzled..what strange salesman !!

I have posted that incident here a couple of years ago..

Anyhow, it seems they don´t mind to loose me as a client so I will take my money somewhere else..

Thanks again for your kind offer.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hahaha 30 minutes after the incident I received an email from them saying:

"Dear Lorenzo,
Apply now for a new bass pro shops outdoors rewards Visa signature card..."

What a joke !! I have been their customer for the last 20 years...???? and they are not able to tell me the reason why they or someone who works for them, refuse to sell me a 500 bucks binocular ???

Anyhow, I moved on.

L

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they would have sent it to you on a visa card

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the chap in charge of the section told me not to loose my time with crossbows, that they were VERY difficult to use...so I walked away a little bit puzzled..what strange salesman !!

Sounds like that guy should have his own tv show! "Clewless in the bush"!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo

You think a crossbow is tough, try to buy a revolver.

All out to the local store and ask if they have a 6" GP100 in stock. the clerk did know what that was and started reading off the Ruger model number.

I take a chance and go out on my lunch hour a few days later. Go thriugh the 10 minute sales issues that only take an hour and ad a few minutes and they have not run the backgroundcheck.

I tell them I will come by after work and pick it up, surely all the hard stuff will be done by then.

Come back, all issues and paperwork should be done so walk in pick it up and leave is on my agenda and timetable.
Oh no an hour later I walk out with the gun, If I had not paid at lunch, it would have stayed right here on the counter.

Get home and they had not taken the trigger lock off or it. Luckily it was easily overcome. I have never shot it as much as I planned because dealing with the bass amateur store ruined it for me.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo

That sounds a little like the problem with our gas stations limiting your credit card use at the pump. They first tried to tell me it was my CC Co. that was putting the limit on it. As it turns our it is their CC server that limits the use. They will not reveal who the server is.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not to hijack the thread but those gas pump limits really piss me off. When we moved up here I would have to run my card a total of 4 TIMES to fill up the Uhaul (3) and my wife's car (1). Each time we stopped for gas.

The funny thing is, late on day 2 of the trip, my C Card shuts off my card for "possible fraud" (too many transactions). I had to call my bank from my cell phone in Farmington, NM, and try to get someone to turn my card back on. Took 3 calls to do it, and the guy at the customer service line said it would probably happen again with that many transactions at a time!

GGrrrr! Mad

Card companies...

flame

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey they can't be all bad. I found a pair of "croc's" that fit, once years ago, camo no less.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Retail people in the US are very strange because they don't care if they sell anything really. They will generall work just hard enough to NOT be fired. I went into a BestBuy (computersand cameras and such) recently. I asked the salesman if they had XXXX item. He says, "No, we are out but you could probably just order it online". Should he not have said, "We are out, but we can order it for you from bestbuy.com". Yes! I went home and ordered the item from Amazon (20% cheaper than bestbuy). Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke Slim:
Yeah, not to hijack the thread but those gas pump limits really piss me off. When we moved up here I would have to run my card a total of 4 TIMES to fill up the Uhaul (3) and my wife's car (1). Each time we stopped for gas.

The funny thing is, late on day 2 of the trip, my C Card shuts off my card for "possible fraud" (too many transactions). I had to call my bank from my cell phone in Farmington, NM, and try to get someone to turn my card back on. Took 3 calls to do it, and the guy at the customer service line said it would probably happen again with that many transactions at a time!

GGrrrr! Mad

Card companies...

flame

In your situation I would have went inside and told the cashier to authorize an amount to cover the total plus a little more to be on the safe side. The charge will only be what the total dollar amount is. I used this a number of times.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote