THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Did anyone watch Jim Shockey shoot the Hippo......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone watch Jim Shockey shoot the Hippo......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Jim Shockey shot a Hippo w/ a Knight Muzzleloader on the Outdoor Channel last night. They had one Hippo Charge early in the hunt that the Guide shot just feet before it got him. You would have to have Big cohonas to be a Hippo guide.

There is no way I would go after the most Dangerous Game animal w/ a Muzzleloader. Although, I bet it was one heck of a rush.

They also had a herd of Elephants Charge them.

I think I will stick w/ the smaller Big Game species.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
I watched it, too, last night, but did you notice he was backed up by his PH carrying a double rifle? As partial as Shockey is to black powder, I think even he knew it would be foolish to go after a hippo with only that as your line of defense....

By the way, Shockey's camera man was high-tailing it when those ele's started coming!

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
What is that ... do I smell a baby Sullivan?

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Quote:

By the way, Shockey's camera man was high-tailing it when those ele's started coming!

Can't say I blame him. I would get alittle ancy w/ a herd of POed elephants in bow range.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote