Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

photo contest
 Login/Join

posted
I have a photo that made it into a photo contest, of the ram I was fortunate enough to get this year. I’d appreciate your vote. Or, vote for another photo if you like it better. More votes means the best photo is more likely to win.

Thanks!

Kevin

edit to avoid confusion- contest is now over, thanks for your help!
http://www.riflescopes.com/contestentries.asp?contest=5

Posts: 50 | Location: CO | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I voted for ya! Good Luck! Very nice ram, what did it score?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I through one in for you.
Looks like you have a bit of ground to make up.

Posts: 120 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
kudu,

thanks for the vote!

I'm not sure what he scores haven't had it done, but a friend who's a scorer estimated mid-high 160s

probably the best part of the hunt was all the summer backpacking trips looking for him, there's some beautiful high country here in CO

Southpaw,

thanks to you also... yup, some of those folks have lots of votes, but I feel fortunate to have the ram and have made the finals!

Cheers,

Kevin

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I voted for you too- I love bighorn sheep!

Mind you, Miss July almost got my vote though too Smiler

Picture of Mark Luce
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Ram..You got my vote.

However....

It was tough not to vote for Larry Hagood and his girlfriend. The story that went with it makes me want to see the calender....ouch!

From the woods of Maine,
Mark Luce

Posts: 46 | Location: Newport, Maine 04953 | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
guys, thanks for the votes

yes, it's tough to compete w/ the lady factor, but I didn't think wearing lingerie would've helped my photo

Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
One more vote thumb

Rooster

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
On the fake blond with the cheesy leg tattoo: her man needs to teach her to keep her finger off the trigger when posing. Very bad form.

The gal in the first picture on the other hand, is very easy on the eyes.

You got another vote anyway, nontypical. ;c)

Kamo Gari

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
yes, a fake blonde holding a gun going off accidentally wouldn't have made for such a good calendar, would it

I suppose next to my sheep, my favorite is the 11 yr old boy with the big hog, John Suber. That's one happy boy and a very nice photo.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous of the guy whose wife is a former Miami Dolphins Cheerleader. To look like that and enjoy tricked out rifles, too. Man, how lucky can you get!!!!!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
On the fake blond with the cheesy leg tattoo: her man needs to teach her to keep her finger off the trigger when posing. Very bad form.

Kamo Gari

The picture is a bit deceptive, but to me it appears that her finger is actually stretched over the trigger guard, not on the trigger. As I recall from my Hunter's Safety some years ago that is the proper position for your finger when "at the ready." The idea is to prevent access (bush, twig, whatever) to the trigger using your finger as a shield, while also being ready to drop immediately onto the trigger for a quick shot.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
If you're right about where her finger is, OK, but lying on her stomach in that pose she's 'at the ready' for what, I wonder? Don't answer that. And her hair is still awful. Wink

Kamo Gari

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Kev,

Beautiful sheep you got my vote, Good luck buddy.

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your votes all, my total has moved up. It's nice to see others appreciate that ram as well.

UltraMag, have you ever hunted Mouflon or goats there in the islands?

that seems like a great hunt, roaming those jagged green volcanic peaks with views into the blue pacific...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Kev,

Yes I hunt Mouflon and Goats I make numerous trips to the outer Islands to hunt them. And the view is Awesome as well no place like it.

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
If you're right about where her finger is, OK, but lying on her stomach in that pose she's 'at the ready' for what, I wonder? Don't answer that. And her hair is still awful. Wink

Kamo Gari

Yeah, I hear ya...

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Beautiful ram and picture! Vote from me...

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anders, thanks for the vote, and beautiful pictures on your homepage! It looks like you've had a lot of great hunting adventures both close to home and in Africa... all the way from grouse and moose to kudu! Your last Africa trip sure was productive.

your page gives me the idea of trying to set up something similar, perhaps I'll try to get a page up with some pictures from my sheep scouting last summer

Cheers,

KJ

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulation on the ram. I'd love to hunt Bighorn someday, but for now just a dream.

You snagged another vote, although it almost went to the long range shooter in the first pic. You're lucky I love sheep hunting so much.

Brian

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Kevin, being a die-hard sheep nut I was compelled to give you my vote. Good luck!

WRT the "girlie" pics...

....the first one is VERY easy on the eyes.

....the calendar girl gets an A+ for effort, even if she isn't really my "type", aesthetically speaking. But what a heckuvan idea. I'd be tickled silly to have a girlfriend do that for me.

....last, none of the "girlie" pics compare to one Ultramag posted in the Hog forum a while back. I still occasionally find myself daydreaming about a girl that looks great and hunts pigs with a knife!!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
guys, thanks for the votes!

re. the girlies, hey, resisting female temptations is part of married life anyway, right? Wink

The photo contest has been fun, it has been nice to share the pic w/ hunters who appreciate it. I like this angle on the ram's head, it's what another ram would see right before collision. I have been a bit confused as to why Curt Drewel's picture of his rifle sitting in the yard has been about as popular, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Brian, sounds like you might've hunted Dalls in AK, '03, I'd sure like to get up there...

and Canuck, you DOG, that STONE in your signature....you can hunt sheep every year in BC, right?

grumble mutter grumble envy...

anyway, have a good one!

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nontypical:
....you can hunt sheep every year in BC, right?

Yes and no. You can only kill a stone sheep every three years. But there are lots of places that you can hunt bighorns every year. And there are LEH's for dall's and california's that you can draw a tag on from time to time if your lucky.

Its as close to heaven on earth as you can get for a sheep hunter. Big Grin

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
ah, well bighorns every year and stones only every 3

you have my heartfelt condolences... NOT

my that does sound close to heaven on earth

Cheers,

KJ

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nontypical!
Have worked quite a bit with my homepage. Changed a bit here and a bit there.. It`s real fun actually. I`m not all happy with the quality of the pic`s. Haven`t really learned to use the scanner perfectly. But I`ll keep working!
Get started and post the results, please! Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Thanks again for your help with the contest... editing to avoid confusion now that voting is over.

Good hunting...
Kevin