New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Classics
 Login/Join

<Dan in Wa>
posted
Which one did you want but waited too long for.
Always wanted a pre-64 in .300 H&H but didn't see them very often and they were expensive. So in the early 80's Remington came out with the Classic in the .300H&H and I finely found one, it was no pre 64, but was that sexy 300. Got it, got dies for it, got divorced, sold it....never loaded it.
The question is...

They have a new caliber every.....which one did you miss out on?

For me ... still want the .300 H&H, .222, .350Rem Mag.

Do have the .25/06 and the .375 H&H, boy that thing's a killer on both ends (8.1 lbs)loaded with scope.

one of us
posted Hide Post
next gun for me (unless something comes up, like it usually does) will be the 1998 classic in
8mm Mag....unless i can find an earlier version when it was a standard production.

[ 09-17-2002, 19:01: Message edited by: Curtis_Lemay ]

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Curtis

I know about a very nice Classic in 8mm mag.....it's for sale, cheap (comparitively ;-) I considered buying it myself, but I already have a 300 win mag and a 375 H&H......so, the 8 mag wouldn't really fill a gap.......

Send me a private message if you want the info.

[ 09-18-2002, 00:27: Message edited by: GonHuntin ]

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I went through a spell of collecting Classics and was able to pretty well gather up the specific calibers I was interested in. Mostly still new in the box or like new. I never let them stay that way. [Smile]

I always wanted a 300 H&H to pair up with the 375 H&H.

I was never able to come up with a 25-06 in any kind of decent shape at a price I was willing to pay.

And I still am looking for a 7X57. Being from the first year, they seem scarce.

The last few years offerings haven't held much attraction for me.

Joe.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in .300 Weatherby and one in .375 H&H. I like them a lot, especially the .375 H&H. I think they've used up all the truly classic calibers, so they're having to issue them in more obscure calibers in more recent years.

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is in 250 Savage,my first Rem.700.It will put 100gr.Horniday spire points in under an inch with my favorite load of W760.

Bravo

Posts: 109 | Location: New Mexico,USA | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Okie Newton>
posted
I also have one in the 300 weatherby. I call it meat, get's it on both ends. Mine has killed every animal fired upon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite rifles are M700 and especially the "Classic" versions. I would like to obtain a shooters collection in every caliber available. I have only too few in my gun safe now, 280 Rem, 35 Whelen, 6.5x55 Swede.

A few years ago I chanced into a pair of "Limited Edition" rifles in 26" smooth barreled configeration that came w/ Sightron scopes as a package deal, I purchased both, 1st 300 Win Mag w/ fixed 6 power scope and 2nd 25-06 Rem w/ 4 power scope. Much like the "Classic" offered by Remington with the long range shooter in mind.

If anyone has "Classics" for sale I would like to know about the calibers offered.

Posts: 53 | Location: Grand Junction, CO USA | Registered: 13 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Ol' Sarge>
posted
My wife got me the '88 Classic (.25-06) for Christmas when I got back from Desert Storm in May '91. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What a woman! [Cool]

It shoots 100 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips into the sub-teens. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

<71 Win>
posted
Mine is in 350 Rem Mag. I love it. Taking it Mule deer hunting next week.