THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Another Dumbass tresspassing hunter shoots Llama

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Dumbass tresspassing hunter shoots Llama
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 227 | Location: Bakersfield Ca. USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stupidity ! First he doesn't know what a deer looks like. Second he doesn't know the area [not knowing that there is a llama farm only 60 yds away !!] He should have his hunting license pullled perminantly and also be sued by the llama owner.

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Is this any worse than the Native American who shot his father recently on the San Carlos Res in Arizona?? He thought his father was an elk, if you can believe that!!! The man died. At least a llama has some remote resemblence to a deer. There certainly are idiots out there that should never be allowed to hunt.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What does llama taste like?

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Taurus Bill
posted Hide Post

Llama tastes half way between chicken and Cold, Burnt Left Over Ass Clown, that is about a week old.

Ok Seafire, but what does Assclown taste like?

Posts: 179 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire,

You eat AssClown? Talk about coming out of the closet, man!

Quote:

one of those steer "deer" will cost you $1.45 to $1.55 per pound on the hoof on todays market, and on most of the ranches around here, an ass full of lead.

Now I admit to posting 20 year old data on the cost of beef, but according to the Chicago Merchantile live cattle are currently trading for ~ $0.90 / pound. That is a tad lower than $1.45 to $1.55. Also, unless farmers in you neck of the woods enjoy prison cells I highly doubt they do any shooting of steer "poachers".

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC, Just remember a trespasser looks as much like a deer as a cow does.

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
The cme live cattle is for fats so unless you are hunting in a feedlot you won't see one of those. Granted I embelished some, 700lb yearlings (feeder cattle more likely to be grazing on a ranch) are trading around $1.03.

I also have every right to protect my property. Besides I was just saying that the ranchers I know don't appreciate hunters that are to lazy to hunt and shoot their cattle instead.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's pretty sad whenever a "hunter" takes a shot at something he is unsure of. Untrained, unsafe "hunters" are just more fuel for the anti's. Hope the llama poacher gets a healthy fine and some jail time to set an example.

Well this year instead of my usual small Xmas charity donation I would like to find an organization which educates and trains young people in shooting and hunting. Does anyone know of any in Washington State? The best way to save our sport may be through education of young (and older) shooters. I can't imagine PC-antigun winning out once a boy or girl has found how much fun the shooting sports are.

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
86thecat,

Where did I ever say I was trespassing when I shot those cattle?

ASS_CLOWN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I also have every right to protect my property. Besides I was just saying that the ranchers I know don't appreciate hunters that are to lazy to hunt and shoot their cattle instead.

In most states though the use of deadly force is NOT allowed in mere defense of property. Didn't used to be that way, but is now! Personally, I find that state of affairs unfortunate.

You are certainly correct about feed cattle too, they are going for $103.325 / 100 wgt as off 9:30 am this morning. The cattle business has certainly gotten better over the last 20 years. It used to be cheaper (lb for lb) to shoot the darned steer than hunt elk, not that way anymore it would seem.

I also have to agree with those that have made comments about the bad judgment used by hunters who do not know exactly what they are shooting at AND WHAT THE HECK IS BEHIND IT! I find that MANY <and 1 is TOO MANY> hunters refer to this idiotic and unwise behaviour as "buck fever". They also use this description to describe their lack of markmanship skills whenever they miss their target.

Anyway, thanks to those that enlightened me to the taste of llama. Perhaps I shall get me one.

ASS_CLOWN

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
this tread is funny as hell!!

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about states other than Washington, But the best ways to pass on your Idea's and ethics is to; Take a kid hunting, you'll wind up with a friend for life, and you can fake infirmery and have them packing your decoys LONG before you need them to it's a win win, heck they will be asking you if you want to go hunting with them eventually. Next get involved with your states hunter education program. They always need instructors and asistants.
Bob

Posts: 107 | Location: Wet side | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It really is a sad state of affairs. I spent four years trying to get permission to hunt the land I now have access to. Finally, I asked why the landowner did not like hunters and his reply was that the last time he let anyone hunt, 14 YEARS BEFORE THAT, he caught them moving his cattle out of the way with shotguns. Now I am happy to say that I have the exclusive run of his 1800 acres for any kind of hunting I'd like, as long as I just fix any fences I find in need of repair.

Some folks are not bright.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote