Notify
Tools

Graduation Guided Hunt......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
Greetings!

The Mrs. and I were discussing a graduation gift for our two boys. We want to take them each on a quality guided big game hunt in the US. We have 4 years to decide where to take them but wanted to get some ideas. Looking for recommendations on guide services. No fenced hunts. The animals dont have to be world class. We hunt whitetail here so I would like to do a different animal. Elk or Moose would be my prefrence with moose being #1. What say you?

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Try this guy for a deer/elk combo. I have never used him but I have never heard anything bad. From what I have heard he is an upstanding guy.

http://www.huntinfo.com/dube/

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
My dad and I went to Alaska for my college graduation present. Hunted for dall sheep, then stayed a few days more to hunt black bear/caribou/moose on our own. Hired a plane to fly us out in the middle of no where and drop us off. Was a great trip, even if we didn't kill anything. You can go on a guided hunt for caribou/black bear for around $3500 for a week, probably another $700 for a second caribou. Moose season starts ~Sept 1, so if you wanted an opportunity for a moose, you'd need to go a bit later and plan on a few more thousand.

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
What about looking into Newfoundland for moose? The success runs very high there and prices are very reasonable. They don't have the largest antlers, but they do have them. I don't have any recommendation on who to use, but for example, Cabela's offers a moose hunt in Newfoundland for $3,200 dollars and runs 90% success. They also have some shiras moose hunts for a little bit more. You might try contacting Safari Outfitters or Bob Kern at the Hunting Consortium, both of whom could give you some info and help you out.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take them to Africa.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill

A good moose hunt in Alaska is going to run you at least $8500.00 per shooter. I could help you organize a 7 day 5 animal hunt in RSA for less than a moose hunt plus airfare. I hunted with Garry Kelly for over a month last year and could not recommend him more.

If you would like more info. let me know anytime.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I grew up in AK and this has got me pondering the question as to why a moose hunt is THAT expensive? If you pay that much might as well pay a bit more and go to Africa.

I just cant see paying $8000 plus airfare, taxes, and then the kill fee for an animal I used to throw rocks at to scare out of my Mom's garden. lol Roll Eyes

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote