New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pissed Off!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Once again the illegal aliens "wetbacks" have struck at my ranch. This is the second time this year. The sheriffs department could care less as they don't have a prayer in finding them. The Border Patrol doesn't give a damn since I didn't catch them. Who's fricken job is it to protect our borders? Where in the world can you cross into another country and burglarize peoples property with impunity? We have a war on terrorism and people come into our country anytime they want?

When is this crap going to stop. Would the frikkin Mexicans allow me to cross the border and steal from their citizens at will? I don't think so. I turn in everyone I catch to the Border Patrol but they just keep coming and my ranch is 40 miles from the border. How many of you have had stuff stolen by "illegal aliens."

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. Where I hunt there have been a couple of vehicles taken (both recovered down the road, one when the high rack hit an overpass) and one person had a cell phone taken from his hunting truck.

I hope you did not lose anything too valuable or of sentimental value.

I have seen a fair amount of border patrol activity in the last few years, but it seems they do not have the resources to close the borders.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
The ranchers down here in Arizona have the same problems. We are about 10 miles from the border and some of the ranches sit right on the border and the have all kinds of problems fences getting tore down. One of the ranches we hunt on is 20 miles from the border and the manager tells us to let him know if we see anything out of the ordinary. His main problem is the illegals tearing the floats out his stock tanks and the water just keeps flowing. They also take his generators that he uses to run his wells to pump water into his stock tanks. They also litter up his property real bad water jugs clothes you name it is all over the place. The bad part the border patrol check station is right in the middle of his property Highway 92 goes straight through his property. We are just waiting for the day he locks all his gates and doesn't let anyone on the property anymore.

John

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M16:

I understand your frustration, and am in complete agreement with your feelings, however, I am going to give you some practical advice that worked for a friend of mine in a very similar situation. He had been broken into, pilfered, etc MANY times by wets and it was driving him crazy. Finally, he talked to a Mex-American that worked for or with him, can't recall which, and he suggested that they put a sign up in Spanish, obviously, saying basically, "you're welcome to what is here, please don't break anything or tear up the place and leave it clean", they lost a few cans of chili, or beans along the way but really had no more problems. Of course, he left nothing of real value there. It may grate on you, it certainly would me, but it is a lot easier than having to repair/replace stuff all the time.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Until last year I was on a lease North of Del Rio. Our camp and trailers were broken into each year I was there. This year I moved to the Panhandle, about 70 miles Southeast of Lubbock; I doubt I'll have the same problem up there.

What really pisses me off is that if the illegals are caught all they do is take them back across the border. A government trapper caught the ones that robbed our camp last year, some of our gear was recovered, but all they got was a free bus ride back to Mexico. Mad

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
when they trespass-SHOOT EM.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear there are a lot of unmarked graves in rural Arizona.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How hard is the ground there? Maybe shallow graves wouldn't take long to dig.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last person that "accidently"shot one got sued and lost. I think the judgement was for 20 million or so. I leave canned goods and a case of bottled water on the steps for the b......s but that isn't good enough. I don't lock the door because they will just break it down or through a window anyhow. They didn't steal anything of value other than some beer, frozen shrimp, and of all things the frikken Blue Bell icecream.

It is a 35 mile hour long trip to town to replace these items. But there is a positive side to this story. On the way back this afternoon I caught three of them coming up the road. Lets just say they are headed back to Mexico courtousy of the US Border Patrol. lol
Poetic Justice!

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put a sign up that says: Trespassers will be shot. In english and spanish. Put a blind up and go hunting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Hunter1:
How hard is the ground there? Maybe shallow graves wouldn't take long to dig.

If they dig um "Who Cares if the Ground is Hard"

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M16, close it was actually $15MM. Family of the deceased had to be given US citizenship to protect them from their Mexican neighbors.

Certianly in the great legal system of the USofA the lawyers received +-$7MM of the settlement.

This was bad law and should be addressed as other similar cases work thru the system.

No trespass laws work in the great state of Texas! Why not take them off the books? Also, criminals, illegals in this case, can have more rights under our laws than citizens! Go figure! Laws are written by lawyers, interpreted by lawyers and executed by lawyers - and that is "
separtion of power" under our constitution!

Several other similar cases are working their way through the system and one can only hope that some justice will survive.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote