New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Kensco
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gonna try. I'm out of here early Sunday morning. I still have a lot of things to buy when I get to Dallas before catching Air Canada on the 12th. I may try to get some orders working from Campmor and Cabela's before I leave here. Nothing like last minute details.

Weren't you set to hunt with Stan next year?

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No waders, no gaitors.

I'll be wearing a pair of Rockies I've had for a number of years. Looks something like Cabela's Bruin Series boot.

I'm not in bad shape. I'm not going to pay the price I'm paying and not enjoy myself to the limit. I don't want a sheep served on a silver platter either. If it isn't going to be a challenge, I've bought the wrong hunt. We'll see what the guide says. I've learned to hunt smarter over the years. I don't mind tough. I expect on day-five to have some hunt left in me. Day-nine or ten might be a different story.

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
All the references I talked to killed their ram in 1-3 days.
Not too hard to get into rams...And the easier areas are not
Kansas either,so I am sure you will be happy with your
outfitter choice.When do you get back?I'm sure you'll have
a great ram's picture to post.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get back to Mumbai on the 31st. I hope to have a digital camera full of photos. I may take my video camera, but don't know whether it is worth the trouble. I'm not going to pack it in.

Thinking optimistically, what usually happens to the meat? There is no way I can bring it back. I don't want it to go to waste.

I'm assuming getting the head back to the U. S. isn't a big deal, at least Jonas Brothers didn't indicate it was.

A perfect scenario for me would be to score on day five to day seven, then spend the remainder of the time just soaking it all in. I think this is going to make my South Africa hunt a distant second when I get too old to hunt, and think back about the hunts I've made.

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about the meat if you don't want it.They will
fight over it at camp.And they will be happy about it.

I'd take a digital and a spare 35mm disposable,leave video
camera home or base camp.I always take a disposable 35mm
just in case my main camera fails or snafu happens.

I agree...I think my sheep hunt(s) will be the most memorable too.

Look forward to you filling up some broadband.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote