Notify
Tools

No Hunting On Christmas Break = :(
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
I can't believe it...or maybe I can.

First time in three years everything is a go; have snogo, sled, snow and cold temperatures. Both me and my wife were looking forward to going up towards the Kilbuck mountains for a caribou. The weather never let us go. I was disappointed to say the least.

I got to Bethel on Dec. 22 and from that day it would snow and blow like crazy every weekend. Since my wife was working it never worked. Even over the Holiday it was blizzarding. When I went out to do some shooting and sight in her 7x57 and chrono of the GS Custom bullets I bought for the rifle it was snowing so hard the chrono stopped giving readings.
Another year gone.

Well maybe I can try to catch a black bear this spring.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
Roger,
Sorry to hear about your lousey luck with the weather. The hunting season is too precious a time and it really hurts when things go down the shoot like that.

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was able to go a couple times over the holidays, thank goodness, but to no avail. the weather didn't cooperate here either, it snowed and blowed several days. I didn't see anything until the last day, and it was the backsides of two deer, headed for Oklahoma. Maybe I can find a nice pig to shoot.
Good luck and good shooting

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote