New
Find
Notify
Tools

joplin mt hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone have any experience hunting around there?? i have a friend from out of state that owns a piece of property north of Joplin ,Mt. and he wants me to scout it for him . i never have hunted around there what type of deer are around there ? he owns 160 acres any help this property appears to be just south of the U.S. border. thanks bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
bill - i live up here.

whitetail and mule deer, great country, good chance for either species. WT tend to hang out in the brush and creek bottoms while MD hang in the high areas, but if you find an area with coulees, draws etc., you will mostl likely see either or both.

any specific questions, just ask, or goto www.baitshopboyz.com; i've got a write-up there on hunting in this area.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted just down the road. North of Rudyard right on the US/Canada boarder. They have some great deer hunting up there on the Highline. If the Milk river runs through the property you are in fat city buddy. Lots of deer, and even elk from the Sweetgrass mountains when they are on the move.
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote