New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am pretty much a cynic in my old age a victim of seeing how people treat one another, but I wish to offer my most heartfelt thank you to the gentleman whom gave up his first class seat from LAX to PHI to my grandson whom is a marine an flew home on the red eye last night to surprise his mother, my wife and I for Thanksgiving.
Whomever you are go with Christ .

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like stories like this. There may be hope that civility will return.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
One of the best posts I’ve seen lately. There truly are good people in this world.

Posts: 3877 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
There is lot of good people in this world
Politicians have tendency to ruin it

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Thank You for posting that 2th doc.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
So very happy for you and yours!

Posts: 9222 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Does your heart good to hear that!

A gentleman and a Marine.

Two of America’s finest.

A lesson for the entire country.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that’s what I’m talking about. This country owes so much to those of us, both present and past, who have served so proudly.

I have a 1lt daughter who has served her first tour in Afghanistan, and is now on the border in Arizona. She’s on my mind all the time.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brightens up a whole day, just to read about it.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14441 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great to hear.
Most often it's someone picking up
the ticket for a meal. Happens often
around here. Mostly to those wearing their'
military/vets caps, or in uniform sometimes.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
I am pretty much a cynic in my old age a victim of seeing how people treat one another, but I wish to offer my most heartfelt thank you to the gentleman whom gave up his first class seat from LAX to PHI to my grandson whom is a marine an flew home on the red eye last night to surprise his mother, my wife and I for Thanksgiving.

What a great story to post. All the best to you and your family.

Posts: 2648 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Made my day, too.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very nice,its stories like this that help to recharge the batteries 2th doc. old I hope you all had a great time at the holiday. jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A very pleasant thing to read. Thank you for posting. God Bless that gentleman, your Marine, your family, and our country.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote