Find
Notify
Tools

Guide kills a Brown Bear Sow on film
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted
Not sure if anyone has posted about this before, but I was watching TV yesterday. The Cabelas show. A hunter shot a boar brown bear, 3-4 times, and about the time it was going down, a sow and a cub comes into view. The hunter says "OH @3*%, the sow is coming directly toward us" The guide jumps up and begins to yell at the bear and wave his arms. She continues, and speeds up, her charge. Ears laid back. (Gave me the pucker factor just watching it on TV) The guide shot the bear at about 8 yards. She turned and ran away. Luckily, the cub turned as well.

The hunter, to his credit (I guess), left the shooting to the guide. I am not sure that I would have let that bear get that close. Luckily for them, the killing of the sow was on film, which made the explanation to the Game Dep't. easy.

Has anyone here ever been in that situation? The guide was upset that he had to kill that sow and he gave her every chance to stop her charge and retreat. Also, the camera man deserves a bonus for remaining calm enough to keep the camera rolling.

Has anyone seen this show?

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
Oops, - just checked the Alaska Hunting Forum and its already being discussed.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8521043/m/680104155

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The show has aired a couple of times now. To bad it came to that situation however, like Guide stated she would have killed one of the hunting party has he not shot her at eight yards.

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote