New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sendero Scope Help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally found one for the right price, soon to be taking delivery of a 7 ultra sendero. Now i need some glass for it. plan on sticking with a luepold vx3.
Just need your recomendations and what yall are using.
thinking about 4.5-14 maybe in lr version or a 1in tube

even been thinking about a 6.5-20-50LR Target. but im thinking that is too much magnification for deer hunting

any advise

One of Us
posted Hide Post
4.5-14 with the varmint hunter reticle would be nice I have the 8.5-25 on my .243, my rem 700 police .300 RUM has a Mark 4 6.5-20x50 with mil dot on it and that is a nice piece of glass.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh heck, that is easy!

I would without hesitation mount a Leupold 4.5 X 14 Longe range with a 40mm lens and a Boone and Crockett reticle.

That scope would be a perfect match for the Sendero in a cartidge of that type.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ShootOne
I helped a friend sight in his Ruger No1 in 300 Win Mag with a Leupold 4.5x14 with the Boone and Crocket reticle today.
That would be a great cdhoice for your Sendero.
On a lighter rifle the 2.5x8 with the B&C reticle would be good to. Another friend has one on his Encore in 300 Win. We are all going Elk hunting in Wyoming next week.
I have the Leupold 3.5x10 LR M3 [Ballistic cam] on my 300 Win Blaser R 93.
We have shot the B&C Reticle to 400 yards with excellent results.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zeiss has a 30 mm Conquest that comes in 3-12 now. Just another option to look at.

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5 X 14 on my .300 RUM Sendero and really like it. If you are looking for options other than Luepold, give them a look.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, prob. go with a 4.5-14 LR, not sure about the boone and crockett reticle, leupold has theses new turrets that you get calibrated to your individual handload so i might go that route. thanks guys

one of us
posted Hide Post
I mounted a 6.5x20x40 with target turrets on my 7 Ultra Sendero using a Leupold long range mount. I have made shots on Mule Deer too long to tell about. The only thing I may finally change is the reticle. For early morning and late evening shots a German #4 reticle would probably be much better than the four plex I currently use. For long range work which I assume you are considering I don't like the mil dot or any thing like the new reticles with range marks Leupold is offering. Get a range finder and turrets, then tape a chart with the necessary come ups on your stock. Its quick and I guarantee it works.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote