THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Patagonia are they anti-hunting/ anti- gun?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patagonia are they anti-hunting/ anti- gun?
 Login/Join

<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

I looked at some of patagonias clothes. They seems to be of good quality. What is bothering me is if this company not supporting our cause? Are the company supporting the anti's ?

I have not found any information that confirms or denies, but I get suspicious

IS there anyone who knows?

http://www.patagonia.com

Cheers

/ JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen there name on lists from Dillon and the NRA as contributing some of their net profit, 5%?, to HSUS and other anti hunting groups. The people who love their stuff will use all sorts of justification and twisted logic to justify it. Hunters aren't known for moral stands when it interferres with a good deal.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They're more sierra club more then anything. If you stop buying things,because the company doesn't support hunting or guns. You'll soon be running around with your nuts hanging out.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

They're more sierra club more then anything. If you stop buying things,because the company doesn't support hunting or guns. You'll soon be running around with your nuts hanging out.

Although I don't know all the particulars, there seems to be more than enough outdoor clothiers to go around that support hunting. Woolrich, Columbia, LL Bean, 10x, etc. Don't dismiss someones argument simply because it seems inconvenient.

Posts: 140 | Location: Irmo, SC | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Quote:

You'll soon be running around with your nuts hanging out.

Well that is a way to see it, I guess kilt will be the next thing There are companies who does support our cause. I found some stuff at Patagonia that I liked, but I will not buy it. There are others to buy from, King of the mountain, Filson and a range of others.

Mark in S.C.- Thanks What clothes do you recommend that is not camoflage and made from wool ?

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
One of the problems is that the outdoor, granola crowd tend to be anti hunting, but some of them make the best stuff.

I've long said that the hunting clothing companies lag far behind the "outdoorsy" clothing commpanies in technology, etc.

I remember when gor-tex first came out- they weren't anti- hunting, but the pro-hunting companies were a long time embracing such useful stuff.

Lightweight, efficient gear has been pioneered by mountaineers, not hunters, for the most part.

I wish the companies that are pro- hunting would offer some stuff that is non-camo, for those of us that prefer to not wear camo..

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Another company that is decidedly anti-hunting, and anti-trapping is Eddie Bauer. Several years ago they stopped using Coyote fur as the trim on their parkas, in favor of synthetic stuff. The printed in their catalog that this was because of their anti trapping stance.

<JOHAN>
posted
Gatehouse

Actually there is a few companies that makes great clothes without camo pattern : I have not seen that they should be anti-hunting either

http://www.swazi.co.nz/index.php

http://www.bergans.no/sider/bergans.htm

http://www.norrona.no/web/homepage.nsf/web/index.html

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Gentlemen

I looked at some of patagonias clothes. They seems to be of good quality. What is bothering me is if this company not supporting our cause? Are the company supporting the anti's ?

You're wearing that crap for hunting?

Posts: 380 | Location: America the Beautiful | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Hunters aren't known for moral stands when it interferres with a good deal.

a lot of non-hunters fit that too

Hey, if you do buy it, just fire off an 'ol email standing over your kill, dressed to the nines with a "Thanks Patagonia" caption. Maybe they will then change their colors to more hunter unfriendly colors and keep the average hunter from buying their stuff. I personally like Columbia and LLBean.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Too bad about eddie bauer. It was'nt always that way. It's really disappointing that so many have taken this route. If you want to buy light weight backpacking gear you really have to do your homework or you end up shooting yourself in the foot. Try finding a really good hiking boot that you can put a crampon on. (I'm getting too old for that kind of action anyway.) Keep Cabelas and LL Bean handy! Burn you friggin levi's! Thank You to the NRA for keep us informed about those who wish to do us in and most importantly....
Thanks to each and every one of you who support the NRA and our cause.
Another Dave R

Posts: 133 | Location: Bothell,Wash | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Quote:

Burn you friggin levi's!

What is it you are tyring to say Do you think I would wear a pair of jeans from a company that supports, anti-gun organisations and ponses

I have decided NOT to buy any patagonia clothes. I will get som Norwegian stuff instead and treat my self with some more Filson stuff. Actually Wool isn't that bad and it keeps you warm even if you are soaking wet.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Also think about this, while I try to buy from companies that support hunting/gun rights, there are occasions that what I need isn't produced by one. So I try to by that product from a retailer that does. Such as Sports Authority, Popular Outfitters, or Big 5.

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just having fun JOHAN... I ment burn your friggin levies. I'm too cheap to burn mine. Gonna wear them out first. Then I'll never buy anything they make again. I have'nt since I found out they were on the other side of the fence.
Filson makes good stuff. I have never owned patigonia,but it looks to be very high quality. Like you I support those who are with us. Its nice to see there is a bunch of us willing to do the homework. Happy New Year!

Posts: 133 | Location: Bothell,Wash | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I don't believe that Columbia is anti-hunting, as they have a comprehensive line of waterfowling gear. Might be worth checking into, but I'm pretty sure that they still support our cause.

Give them credit for moving out of Portland-istan and into the suburbs where they aren't so anti-business.

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
I found out the person that said that Columbia was anti-hunting anti-gun had no support for his contention. I too thought it strange with the extensive line of hunting clothes. Another person offered that he knew of Columbia executives that used the same hunting guide he did.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote